Chapter 15

Author's Note: Chapter dedicated to ReillyMellark :) 

Chapter 15

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The world is spinning around me. The guards and staff that just burst through the door are only a blur. The olny thing clear to me is the lifeless body of Josh Walker, laying in front of me. His slumped face in bloody and bruised. The screams around me are almost mute but they are still there. I see guards wrestle Jack. They have handcuffed him and I watched as a thin needle disappeared into his arm. Now he, lay, sagged, only he is unconcious, not dead. I feel sick. I've just seen someone bashed to death.

I watch as the blur of guards drag him out, yelling out commands. Then I realise, I'm being evacuated, pushed along out with everyone else. People are still yelling, but their screaming has just become occasional shouts of strong disbelief. 

We continue running up towards the main grounds. I see Mr. Armstrong and Mrs. Wilson, running down. Their emotions are a blur to me but I can make them out. Stressed. Sick. Worried. Even though this place is for bad kids. I don't think they've ever had a death. I still feel shocked, though I new it was real. I didn't doubt it for a moment. I had seen it. Everything. 

Before I know it, all of our group, minus Jack, Josh, Penny and Michael, are standing out front of the food hall. Martha stayed with us. She's keeping Riley, Addie and I in her arms. Other kids comfort each other or just stand alone, still shocked themselves. 

The group that was occupying the food hall is now staring at us. One of their leaders come out, panicking and asks what's wrong. Martha has tears streaming down her face and she can't get the words out. She doesn't want to say it in front of everyone. She pulls the woman behind the side of the building. I hear her gasp, almost scream, then there are tears of hysteria from her. Its even the thought of someone killing someone just then. 

The woman has gone back into the food hall. Though, I think she didn't tell them what really happened, because they are not all that shocked. They look just afraid, because they would be used to fights, though if everyone out here is upset about it, they obviously assume its pretty bad then. 

We've all be escorted back to our cabins with our group leader. Martha decides to take everyone back to mine and Addie's cabin. It's only then I realise Morgan. She is crying hysterically. First she was upset because he broke up with her, and now. . .he's. . .dead. I had wet eyes too. Everyone did. 

We are sitting there, not talking. It's almost silence, except for the ambulance and police sirens wailing loudly. We can hear more shouts but they disappear towards the storage hall. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

We've been sitting in our cabin for almost two hours now. Martha was trying to comfort us but her emotions could not be controlled. So instead, we all just laid down. 

I woke up an hour later. A light sheet was spread out over me. I sit up. My head is absolutely throbbing. So bad, I clutch it when I sit up. I see that everyone else is asleep except for Martha, who is sitting in a chair, looking out the window. She notices me and manages a smile. It's been three hours since the accident. She summons me over and I sit in the chair next to her, the sheet still wrapped around me. 

"He was a such a nice boy," she whispers. A tear falls from her face. 

I don't say anything. I'm only thinking about how she was kind of right. But I immediately regret being horrible to him. He's gone now and I can't aplogise. I burst into tears. Martha is squeezing my hand.