Chapter 37

Author's Note: Requesting dedications, if you would like one, feel free to ask but I will also give them randomly if you deserve one! :)

*** ALSO, I FOUND IN CHAPTER 21 THAT I HAD WRITTEN SHE ONLY HAD 1 AND HALF WEEKS LEFT, HOWEVER MANY DAYS HAD PASSED HAHA SO FROM THIS CHAPTER SHE WILL HAVE 1 WEEK LEFT! ***

Chapter 37

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last night felt good, to be back in the kitchen and cooking foods for the homeless and I couldn't help but smile at Josh the whole time. The people there really loved him and it doesn't surprise me why. He just knew how to interact with them. He had respect for them and cared. They say don't judge someone by their appearance but I'd rather say don't always judge people on their history. . . and I say 'don't always.'

Today was a new day. I stare at the calendar on the wall in the office, located behind Mrs. Wilson's desk. I sigh and glance at the picture for this month. A black and white photo of a couple sitting on a hill. I'm not looking forward to counting down the seven days that I will be leaving. Actually, come to think of it, it wouldn't bother me all that much. Cormac was good to be in some ways but terrible in others. It's not strict like the typical ones you see in movies where the commanders yell, 'drop and gimme twenty!' It wasn't like that at all. We weren't working our bums off in hour runs or in one hundred push up cycles. We were doing activities like in a holiday camp or something. But I suppose it brought you to concentrate on good activities. Though, I've thought too soon. I look on the second last day I leave to see the 'Cormac Marathon Day.' Ugh. And it says 'day' which means a full time being awake. I sigh again and change my thoughts to things more important, such as the reason I was here in the first place.

The police from the local station agreed to meet here so that Josh could explain some detail of the guy from the pub. Hopefully this will lift some guilt of Josh, he needs to feel better somewhat. Martha also got some medication for him, to help relieve the stress like she had said but I was wondering if he will decline them, claiming he's fine.

Josh comes out from a room in the hallway and walks towards me.

"They're on their way,' he says. He seems shaken up. 'But I'm nervous," he chuckles softly.

It was a nervous chuckle too.

"Don't be,' I try to convince, 'just tell them what you remember."

But I can still see the doubt he has. There's not much more I can say though. Maybe he's worried he will blank out and completely forget what the guy looked like. Maybe he can't exactly recall many of the features he had but just tries anyway, though it turns out to be someone completely opposite. All he can do is try though and I'm just hoping this will make him feel a lot better. I want to see him even happier.

Armstrong then comes out from the hallway as well, Mrs. Wilson following behind.

"Well the room should be fine for them,' he says, 'Josh, they will just interview you in there, just answer their questions the best you can and if you don't have an answer for it, just tell them. Some officers can be rude and don't want their time wasted, just remember that."

Josh swallows.

"Yeah, just a bit nervous . . . that's all."

Armstrong stops shuffling the paperwork in his hands. "What are ya talking about Josh? Aren't you used to the company of police now ey?" He says, stiffiling a laugh. "Mrs. Wilson, a coffee, please?"

I frown. I've never seen Armstrong act arrogant like he was, but Josh laughs in return so maybe they don't see it offensive like I do. Armstrong exhales.