Chapter 43

A/N: Welcome to the last night + day of camp, which is not yet the last chapter. So you still have some more to look forward to soon ;) 

And also there's the photo on the side of the four of them! :) 

Chapter 43

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Josh leads me back out of the fields, grins on both our faces. He was a great kisser, something I'd be missing for a while. He holds my hand, and we head back up to the hall with everyone else, to finish celebrating the last night here. We could hear the music blaring from the speakers that were set up. It was good they knew about the top playlists! 

I look around for Riley and Addie and I see them sitting on a nearby bench outside. There are some other kids sitting around with them too. 

"Mind if we join?" I ask, sitting down with them. Josh plants himself down next to me. 

"Where we you two?" Addie asks, smiling. 

I don't go into too much detail about the canoe trip, I didn't really feel like sharing that while there were others around, it's too special for that. "We went canoeing." 

Everyone only nods. I rest my head on Josh's shoulder and smile while I listen to the stories that began to pour from everyone's mouths, just like we did last night, sharing funny times. It was a beautiful night too. The moon was a waxing gibbous in the star lit saphhire velvet we call night sky. 

I was rather glad when all the other kids began to leave, couple at a each time, until it left just the four of us. 

"Thank you, all of you," Addie suddenly speaks. 

Everyone is silent, expecting her to continue, which she does. 

"I seriously thought this was going to horrible. To be honest, I thought I'd end up getting bashed,' she laughs, 'then I realised it's more like a holiday camp rather than any sort of behaviour camp, and so . . . that's why I thought I would have such a bad time here, but I was definitely wrong. I'm not even looking forward to going home." 

I whisper a yeah, because I really do feel the same way. We both have the step mother situation that we don't want to face again but ugh, how I miss my dad and Molly! Only that to look forward to. None of us are really bothered to get up and go wild, we're enjoy sitting here together more. Just looking up at the sky, whispering occassional thoughts to each other and enjoying sitting on the same bench as one another. This all seemed so cheesy, like in a movie, how we were upset to be leaving a behaviour camp, but it was all true, there were a lot of things I was going to miss. 

Suddenly, Martha appears from behind us. "Just took a sneaky shot of you all!" She laughs. 

She fiddles with her camera before spinning it around and showing us the photo, the four of us just sitting there. 

"I can print it, and give it to you,' she says, 'have it as a little memory." 

I smile. "Thanks Martha." 

She gives us all such a heart warming smile. "Rest the night away," she says. She turns and heads towards the food hall. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

We've all been gathered by Armstrong. No one knows exactly why but we guessed it was a sort of summing up thing. 

"Most of the goodbyes will be done in the morning,' he starts, 'but I want to thank everyone anyway, for being such good kids, though to skip all that for now, and just continue the fun, we've decided . . . to play a massive game of spotlight."