Chapter 41

A/N: Short but just a fill in. Thanks everyone for all the reads, comments and votes. 

***ATTENTION*** PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK, The Love Hoax    ! I'd really love to know what you think!

Chapter 41 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I couldn't believe the generosity of some people. There are people that do good and there are people that do bad. Armstrong had contacted the shops in the surrounding suburbs, asking for a supply of suits for the funeral and they were glad to give them for free. However, there wasn't a large amount of kids going to the funeral, only Jack's closest friends and Josh who, for reasons known, stayed rather far from him. I suppose they now knew it wasn't Josh's fault whatsoever, but I bet they didn't know that guy was payed to do it, so they would still have their doubts. 

Josh looked rather handsome in a suit. Something new to my eyes. For once through this whole Jack situation, he didn't look upset the way he did when he blamed himself for it. He was still saddened at the fact he was going to a funeral but it wasn't affecting his mind anymore. Or so it seemed. 

"Just come back to me as soon as you can," I laugh, giving him a hug. 

He wraps his arms around me and squeezes. "Sure will." 

I was a bit nervous for today, I had no idea what sort of things we'd be doing with this instructor. But I think I had a pretty good idea of what it may consist of. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Addie, Riley and I walked Josh to the office where the boys and other staff members including Armstrong, Mrs. Wilson and Martha were waiting. The boys didn't give Josh any eye contact but I suppose that was better than them staring him down. I recognise one of them to be that kid, Tucker, that I first saw on the bus from the airport. I never talked to him, even when I was with Jack, but he seemed so depressed, he might have been so close with him. 

The screech of the tyres caused everyone to turn their heads to the door on the opposite side of the office that lead out to the driveway. A black range rover, one that you would see on the car ads, pulled up out the front. The windows were so tinted you couldn't see through. The door is opened and out steps what I'd call a beast. This really muscly man wearing camo pants and a black singlet, black ray bans shading his eyes. It's obvious who that is. 

"That's Rambo,' Armstrong says, 'come on you three." He points to Addie, Riley and I. 

I look at Josh. "I'll come back and say g'bye."

He only nods and I follow Addie and Riley out the door, Mr. Armstrong behind us, waiting for 'Rambo.'

Everyone is gathered at the top. The staff must have called them in. Armstrong walks straight over to the microphone and the three of us, stand at the side of the crowd. 

"Good morning everyone, as you know today is Jack Fosters funeral and like I said yesterday, a good friend of mine, Rambo, will be taking care of you for the day. He turned to Rambo who was just walking over towards Armstrong. He reached his hand out to retrieve the microphone. 

"Thanks Armstrong,' he says, turning to the crowd of kids. At first I thought he was going to start speaking immediately, but instead, his eyebrows narrow and he stars down at us with a frown. 'I don't know if Armstrong has told you about me yet,' he continues, 'but I'm a leader of an Army camp, I train to fight, I'm strict and I don't tolerate any crap. I expect respect, and I will do the same for you. You will all listen to my orders, I shouldn't have to repeat any, you should have been listening to the first lot of instructions. You will go through with what I have planned for the day. And lastly, this is just a scare for you, I am nice." He grins.