Chapter 6

Author's note: Sorry, haven't uploaded for a while!!

Chapter 6

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was sitting on my bed in our cabin just staring at the yellow, peeling wall.

"It smells like my grandmas," Morgan said.

I turned to her. She was sitting on the other bed in the first room. Morgan and I decided to take this room and the four other girls took the room with the bunks.

"Hm," I just replied.

Today was still the first day and it was a bludge. We weren't doing anything and were starting all the activities tomorrow. People could either stay in their cabin or go out and play volleyball but I chose here. Half the people couldn't get the ball over the net.

I sighed. This was the first day! There were plenty still to go.

"What do you think dinner will be like?" Morgan wondered aloud, looking at the ceiling.

I rolled my eyes and the thought of the food they'd be serving here.

"Ugh, probably dog food?" I whined.

She laughed.

"Be serious Scarlett, 'I don't think we're that lucky!" She replied, getting up from her bed.

I made a slight chuckle as she made her way into the bathroom.

I threw myself back on the pillow. I sighed a sigh of thought. I wondered what tomorrow would be like. Well, I always thought what this camp would be like.

Morgan had come out of the bathroom.

I sat up.

"What's the time?" She asked.

I shrugged. I didn't have my phone anymore.

"Check the clock over there," I said, pointing to a draw.

She made her way over to the draw that had the small, battery operated clock in it. It was probably over fifty years old.

"It's 4:43,' she said, 'we'll have to go dinner soon."

I nodded. Although I was hungry, I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy dinner.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I hopped off the bed and unlocked it, letting in whoever it was.

It was Martha.

"Hello girls!" She exclaimed, walking in.