You Almost Caught Bryn Winchester

I’m just really excited to write this story now even though I know this isn’t going to have a happy ending which I do apologize for in advance. 

Chapter Quote:

“This morning I came, I saw and I was conquered, as everyone would be who sees for the first time this great feat of mankind.”

~President Franklin D. Roosevelt on Hoover Dam

__________________________________

Chapter 13: You Almost Caught Bryn Winchester

Rachel 

The bus ended up at Hoover Dam.  Instantly Rachel remembered this was where she first met Percy and how she had screamed when his sword went straight though her without injuring her whatsoever.  He’d also been running from these freaky skeleton people which she semi-helped him escape from.  Rachel wondered if it was a coincidence that of all places the bus could’ve taken them to, it took them here.  The four of them disembarked the bus; Silena and Bryn quickly discarded their showgirl outfits in the trash.  They received some weird looks but no one questioned them outright.

“Hoover Dam.  I’ve actually always wanted to see this place,” Bryn commented, looking around. “Let’s get inside just in case the Romans send eagles to look for us.  We’re not that far from Vegas.”

They hurried inside, not wanting to meet their Roman friends or Ryan’s troops.  They’d had a bad enough day already and it wasn’t even noon, which told Rachel it was going to be an overall bad day.

“Bryn, I’m going to go use the restroom.  I’ll meet you back here,” Derek said.

“You know what, I need it too,” Silena added. “I didn’t have a chance to use it before we left.”

“Be careful and watch out for each other.  Meet us back here,” Bryn ordered.  Derek and Silena nodded before going in search for the bathroom.  Rachel and Bryn went over to a phone booth where Bryn proceeded to call Chiron.  Rachel took a moment to study the daughter of Zeus.  At a glance, she looked like a normal teenager hanging out with her friends and possibly going through a rebellious phase by the expression on her face.  If you knew her, however, you saw how she put on more makeup around her eyes to hide the dark circles from lack of sleep; you saw that her expression wasn’t one of rebellion, but of determination.

“Rachel?  Chiron wants to speak with you too,” Bryn said, motioning for her to come to the phone.  She held the phone in a way so that both could speak and hear him.

“Hello, Chiron,” Rachel said.

“Miss Dare, how are you?”

“I’m holding up.  They’re taking good care of me.”

“Good.  Any news on your end?”

“Um, we got captured by some Romans about six hours outside of Cincinnati after the three of them destroyed… what were they again?”

“Anax and Asterios,” Bryn offered.

“Right, what she said.  Anyways, after the Romans, we escaped them thanks to Bryn destroying the Senate House-”

“It’s not like I wanted to!  I just couldn’t see any other way out!” Bryn defended.

“I know, I know.  Anyways, the Romans aren’t too happy, particularly one named Antony who is Octavian’s son which explains so much, doesn’t it?  We got to Vegas via the Chariot of Damnation, stayed at the Lotus Hotel without any mishaps until this morning when not only Antony showed up but some of Hannah’s minions approached us to, led by a guy named Ryan London.  Bryn pulled off an awesome, albeit embarrassing for her and Silena, way of getting past them.  Now we’re at Hoover Dam trying to figure out how to get to Colorado Springs.  Any ideas?”