Bryn Swears Like A Sailor

Whoo, long time no update!  Well I won’t keep you waiting.  Anyone excited for the House of Hades book?  I am.  I’m just now getting over the ending of Clockwork Princess.  That pissed me off so much and yet it was such a great ending…

Chapter Quote:
“You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.”
~Author Unknown
_________________________________

Chapter 3: Bryn Swears Like A Sailor

Derek 

Derek woke up to Bryn swearing colorfully in Greek.  He kept his eyes closed, not wanting her to stop because he found it amusing.  He could feel the car going rather fast, probably faster than the speed limit.

Fila mou to kolo!  Ohhh pidiksu!  What are you doing?!  The speed limit is seventy-five, not sixty you kolos!  I have a person to go rescue!  You probably are just going to McDonald’s to get chicken nuggets!  Ugh, na pari i eychi!” Bryn swore.  Derek snorted.  He understood most of it.  The first part had been “Kiss my ass.”  The second, well, it’s the verbal equivalent to the middle finger.  Kolos meant ass.  The last part was simply ‘damn it.’

“Bryn, they can’t hear you,” Derek commented.

“Doesn’t matter.  It makes me feel better.  Did I wake you?” she queried.

“Yeah, but that’s okay.  I needed to wake up anyway.  It was an interesting thing to wake up to, not to mention amusing.”

“Should’ve heard her a few hours ago.  You thought she was colorful just now.  I think she made up some insults back in Pennsylvania.  Lots of things about her father striking them down and of crows,” Silena remarked.

“I didn’t know you were up at the time or else I wouldn’t have said anything,” Bryn admitted, blushing slightly.

Silena laughed. “With your driving, I’m amazed I slept at all.  Although, your comments were highly entertaining.”

“For an eighteen year old, you sure do have a vocabulary on you,” Rachel joined.

“They were necessary.  Unless you wanted me to strike down every car in front of us and have eighty police cars behind us, be glad I did,” Bryn retorted.

“Where are we anyway?” Derek queried, looking out the window.  He watched the green foliage of trees and bushes flash by in a blur.  A flash of gold jumped out into the open, then back into the forest.  If Derek wasn’t mistaken, he had just seen the Nemean lion.  He secretly appreciated the fact he’d seen it from inside a car rather than if he’d just been walking by.

“We’re in Morgantown, West Virginia,” she replied.

“West Virginia… Bryn, that’s like… almost seven hours from Camp Half-Blood.  We left at what… three in the morning?  It’s only seven thirty!  How fast have you been driving?!” Silena demanded in shock.

“I believe my speedometer has rarely dropped below seventy,” Bryn answered casually.

“Screw monsters killing me.  Your driving is going to do it sooner…” Derek snickered at his girlfriend’s comment but couldn’t disagree.  Bryn’s driving scared the Hades out of him too.

“We’ll be stopping soon for a bathroom and refreshment break.  I just wanted to get ahead of anyone who might be coming after us.”

“I don’t think I need a bathroom break.  Your driving has already scared the crap out of me,” Silena commented.