What Happens in Vegas

I can’t help but update this story because I love it :) Thank you to everyone who reviewed!  I really appreciate it!

Chapter Quote:

“Las Vegas looks the way you’d imagine heaven must look at night.”

~ Chuck Palahniuk

_______________________________________

Chapter 11: What Happens in Vegas

Silena 

When Silena, Derek, Bryn, and Rachel exited the entrance to Camp Jupiter, they kept running until they couldn’t see it anymore.  It would give them enough time to figure out what to do next.  Bryn looked about ready to collapse from all the energy she’d used flying them out of there though and she usually had the plan.

“What now?” Rachel asked, huffing and puffing.

“You’re the adult here.  We turn to you when we don’t know what to do,” Derek said, giving a small chuckle.

“You three are the geniuses who decided to go on this trip,” she pointed out.

“Don’t remind me.  Bryn?  Any ideas?”

“Give me… a moment,” Bryn replied, shutting her eyes.  Derek grabbed onto her, making sure she didn’t collapse. “Okay, Silena, call the Chariot of Damnation.  You’ll have to drop a couple drachmas on the ground.”

“All right.  Uh, how do I call it?”

“Stay ‘Stop, Chariot of Damnation’ in Greek and give your best New York taxi whistle.  Should work.”

“Should work?” Silena repeated.

“The drivers are a bit… eccentric.  Trust me.”

With a shrug, Silena dropped three drachmas on the ground and said, “Stêthi 'Ô hárma diabolês.”

At first nothing happened.  The four stood and stared at the spot where the Greek currency had hit the ground.  Silena was about to ask what was supposed to happen but at that moment, the drachmas sank into the ground and a taxi that seriously resembled a New York cab (that was in a few too many crashes) appeared in front of them.  The strangest thing about it wasn’t that it was made of smoke and the seatbelts were replaced by chains, but that there were three drivers squished together in the front row.

“Get in guys and just don’t question it,” Bryn whispered.  The group listened, but Silena immediately wished she hadn’t.  She should’ve known after reading all that mythology.  The three ladies in the front seat were the Gray Sisters, otherwise known as Anger (Deino), Tempest (Persis), and Wasp (Pemphredo), otherwise known as the sisters who shared only one eye.

“Where to?  We’re on a busy schedule here people!” One barked.  Silena guessed it was Anger just because she had that tone to her.

“How much does it cost to go to Colorado Springs?”

“Hundred drachmas,” another replied.  Her voice sounded raspy, making Silena automatically deem her Wasp.

“A hundred?!” Bryn exclaimed. “That’s ludicrous!  Make it fifty!”

“Fifty gets you to Vegas.  That’s not too far away,” the last sister replied.  It must’ve been Tempest.  Her hair certainly looked like a tempest went through it, Silena thought.

“But we need Colorado Springs!”

“But it won’t get you there.  Now take Vegas or get out!” Anger snapped.