We're Getting A Trial

So since I had a lot of people asking when I was going to update, I decided to update early (my updating system is getting so screwed up).  I hope you enjoy! :) 

Chapter Quote:

“Share our similarities, celebrate our differences.”

~M. Scott Peck

__________________________________

Chapter 6: We’re Getting A Trial

Silena 

“Silena? Come on, please wake up!  Luke will kill me if anything happens to you!” a voice urged; someone shook Silena enough to wake her out of her sleep.

“Derek?  Stop it,” she mumbled, “I’m fine.”

“Not Derek.  I don’t know where he is.  It’s Bryn.  I know I’m the last person you want to be stuck with considering our fight earlier but I really need you to wake up to help me figure out how to get out of here.” Silena opened her eyes.  A worried Bryn knelt over her; a small smile spread on the daughter of Zeus’s face. “I know you didn’t do that for me, but thank you.  Be careful getting up.  They gave us a good knock on the head.  Wouldn’t surprise me if we have concussions.”

Silena slowly sat up.  She stared at Bryn.  Her face was bruised, her eye was partially swollen shut, and she had a busted lip. “Bryn, what happened to you?”

“This?” she pointed to her face. “This is from when I was fighting them before they brought us here.”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.  Rather a nuisance only halfway being able to see out of my left eye but I can manage.  It’ll be fine in a few hours.”

“Where are Derek and Rachel?” Silena queried, sitting cross-legged.

“No idea.  The Romans took them out a few hours ago but I was so out of it I couldn’t get myself to do anything.  I’ve been trying to figure out how to get out of here but then I realized that wouldn’t do me any good because I’d have no way of getting you out and I’m not leaving you behind.” Silena must’ve made a surprised expression because Bryn added, “I’m sorry about what I said to you in the car.  I don’t think you’d turn your back on your brother.  In fact, I know you’d do anything for him.”

“I’m sorry for what I said too.” Silena stood up. “Friends again?”

“We were always friends.  We just had a nasty argument.” Bryn smiled.

“Let’s figure out how we’ll get out of here,” Silena said, looking around.  The two girls walked around their cell, running their hands up and down the walls, searching for hollow spots.  Of course, that was kind of futile considering the walls were concrete.  Silena stood up on Bryn’s shoulders and peered out through the small window at the top of the cell.

“What do you see?” Bryn asked.

“A lot of people.  It looks like a… city?” Silena scrunched her eyebrows together.  She hadn’t learned much about the Roman camp, but it would’ve been nice to know they actually had a real city in their camp. “Well, if we do escape, first we’d have to find Derek and Rachel and blend in with the crowd and then we’d have to find out how to escape from here.”

“There’s a psycho god named Terminus guarding New Rome, meaning no weapons allowed in there.  It’d be our best bet of defending ourselves because hey, we’re weapons ourselves,” Bryn said mischievously. “There are also pipes running underneath the city, some sewer, some water.  If you could use your power to reach those-”

“I feel the pipes.  They’re far down in the ground but if I was next to something they were directly connected to, it’d be easier for me to harness their power,” Silena said.

“You’re not going to get out of here,” someone said.  The two girls were so shocked that they both whirled around, forgetting that one was holding the other up on her shoulders.  They both crashed to the ground ungracefully but leapt to their feet immediately, getting into fighting position.  Bradley stood with another guy identical to him.

“This is my twin, Brady,” Bradley introduced.

“If we may, we would like to speak with Bryn privately,” Brady said.

“First of all, I’m not going anywhere with you.  Second, where in Hades’ name are Derek and Rachel?  And third, I have someone to go save and you’re inhibiting my ability to do so,” Bryn snarled. “Bad idea on your part.”

“Derek and Rachel are being fed.  You two just woke up.  We had to give you stronger sedatives.  Both of you were putting up too much fight and we didn’t want to hurt you,” Bradley defended.

“Which completely explains why my face looks the way it does,” Bryn retorted.

Brady and Bradley’s faces fell. “We didn’t want them to hurt you.  They didn’t listen.  They’re being punished,” Brady promised.

“What do you want?” Silena demanded.

“Answers.  But for now, why don’t the two of you come with us and we’ll show you New Rome?”

“No.  Not until we see Derek and Rachel,” Bryn declared.

“All right.  But then we must talk to you.  It’s vital.  And it must be done before your trial,” Bradley conceded.

“Trial?” Silena said.

“The Praetors are holding a trial of some sorts to find out what’s been withheld from us by the Greeks.  It’s the Great Prophecy I’m assuming.  We were never told it.  But let’s not dwell on that for now.  Come.  We’ll get you some food.  I’m sure you’re hungry.”

Silena didn’t want to admit it but she was hungry.  Reluctantly, she and Bryn started following the twins.  The guards raised eyebrows at them but said nothing.  They stopped at what appeared to be an infirmary, and Brady and Bradley gave the girls some nectar and ambrosia.  It didn’t take long for the effects to set in.  Within seconds, she felt alert and aware of everything going on around her.  Bryn’s face started to heal, and by the time the group was out in the sunlight, her face was almost completely better.

“Silena!  Bryn!” Derek shouted.  The girls whipped their heads toward his voice.  They saw him charging over to them with Rachel right behind him and two guards following right behind her.  He nearly crashed into Bryn and Silena, but caught himself just in time, before pulling them into bone-crushing hugs.

“Thank the gods you’re okay!” he exclaimed.

“Same goes for you!” Silena replied, giving him a kiss. “How are you feeling?”

“Fine.  Nervous, but fine.  You?”

“We’re okay,” she said.

“Let’s get the two of you some food, shall we?” Bradley suggested.  The girls agreed and they headed to a food court, somewhat similar to the one at Camp Half-Blood.  The food was just as good, and the girls ravenously devoured everything on their plate.  Silena wasn’t all that sure of what she ate, she just knew she was content and full.

“Silena, Derek, Rachel, we will have some guards escort you around the city and wherever you please, as long as it’s not out of the city.  You should check out the city.  I recall Miss Silena here looking at it with an avid interest,” Brady commented.

“Come, Bryn.  There’s much to discuss and little time,” Bradley insisted.  Bryn stood up and smiled at her group.

“I’ll be back,” she promised.  Silena didn’t doubt her.  She wondered if the twins knew how dangerous the daughter of Zeus actually was, if they had any idea on whom they were dealing with.  Surely they had some idea?

“Let’s check out the city.  I’ve heard it’s fantastic,” Rachel said.  The group had nothing else to do, so they listened.

__________________________________

What do you think the twins want to talk to Bryn about??? Let me know your thoughts in the reviews :)