Chapter 39: Snow White Has The Look Of A Princess, But The Attitude Of A Bad Ass

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch39: Snow White Has The Look Of A Princess, But The Attitude Of A Bad Ass

"Fine," my mom says slightly upset by my decision. "Your dad and I have decided it's time for you to come home. We want you to move back with us."

What the fuck?

"Are you serious ?" I ask.

"You want to be close to Lilo, right?" My dad asks and I nod. "Coming home will help you Elliana. You can visit her grave, go to her room, and we can all be together again. I know it's been hard being so far away and we are sorry that we made you go through that. We're hoping you'll come home."

I can visit her grave.

I can go to her room.

I can be around people who actually understand how painful losing her was.

"You left her," Alex says glaring at my parents. "Now I may not know what having parents is like, but I do know that when times are tough your family should be by your side. You left. Put her on a plane and left."

"You don't understand how tough losing a child is," my mother glares at him. "It makes you go mad in ways you never thought possible. We made a mistake and Elliana is the only person who can judge us for it."

I can visit her gave.

It's all I can think about.

About how close I could be to her.

I could visit her favorite restaurants.

Her favorite stores.

Her favorite places to read and write.

"No," Vincent shakes his head. "You treated her like crap for months. She lost her sister and you treated her like crap. I know you suffered an unimaginable loss, but so did she. She lost her sister and for a while she felt like she had lost you too. You think you can just show up, say you're sorry, and pretend like everything is okay. No, Elliana won't leave with you."

I can finally buy her flowers for her birthday and balloons.

Big extravagant balloons.

The crazier the better.

I think she'd like that.

Maybe I can even put them on her grave until they deflate.

"Princess," Josh takes my hand, quietly whispering in my ear so that i'm the only one that can hear him.

I close my eyes and slowly nod. Everyone continues to yell around us, even Janet's joined in against my parents.

"Don't listen to what everyone else wants," he whispers "because what they want doesn't matter. It's your choice princess."

I expected him to tell me he wanted me to stay.

To tell me not to leave.

"Okay," I frown before I turn to look at him and he smiles.

"Don't you think so Elliana?" a voice says and I turn back to look at everyone.

Taylor is the one asking.