Chapter 32: I Dont Want To Say I Told You So, Just Kidding, I Told You So!

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***
Chapter 32: I Dont Want To Say I Told You So, Just Kidding, I Told You So!

"I was a dumb little boy," the guy slurs and I laugh awkwardly, my eyes never leaving Josh.

I haven't been able to talk to him. The bar is packed with drunks who all want to talk about their failed marriages or crazy girlfriends.

I'm trying to talk to my ex-boyfriend about his crazy ex-girlfriend, me!

So can all these drunks just leave me alone so that I can talk to the drunk I actually like.

"I should go," the guy says reaching for his keys, but I take them.

"Can anyone pick you up or should I call you a cab?" I ask.

"I can call Martha," he smiles and I chuckle.

"I doubt the wife you cheated on will want to pick you up," I tell him "I'll call a cab for you."

"I got it," Alex says as he walks past me.

"Thank you," I throw him the man's keys and he catches them before taking a hold of the bar's phone.

I discretely make my way towards Josh and stand in front of him with a small smile on my face.

"Can I get you anything?" I ask and he grins at me.

"You look like this girl I like," he says "but she likes this other guy who happens to be my best friend."

"What if she doesn't like him?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"She's always talking about him," he frowns. "It's like she wants to fix him and all his life problems, but she doesn't want to fix me."

"Why would she need to fix you?" I ask suddenly intrigued.

"I'm broken," he states looking down at his hands. "I feel like i'm in this dark hole and I can't get out, you know?" 

"Why do you feel like that?"

"My family expects me to do all these great things," he says. "I was raised to be the best at everything and I've tried so hard to be, but I can't please the people who are supposed to love me the most."

"Your parents?" I ask and he nods.

"Them and everyone else," he says. "People know me as the guy who has everything. I'm good looking, i'm smart, and I have a lot money, but i've never had anyone tell me that i'm important to them."

"What about me?" I ask and he gives me a strange look. "I mean, Elliana. That one girl you like."

"She is this fierce girl who doesn't take shit from anyone," he laughs.

"You got that right," I say under my breath.

"When I took her to meet my family I didn't know that I would fall for her," he states "until she stood up for me. No one had ever fought for me the way she did that night and I just knew that I liked her."

"So why did you break up with her?" I ask.

"She should be happy," he smiles sadly "even if that means she should be with my best friend."

What?

How could I be so stupid?

I don't want to be with Vincent.

I mean, maybe there was something between us, but he would never change for me.

And I would never ask him to.