Chapter 15: My Bad, I Didn't Mean To Kiss You There

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch15: My Bad, I Didn't Mean To Kiss You There

"Kitten," he says as soon as he opens the door.

"Her name was Lilo," I find myself saying as I stare into his deep green eyes.

He quickly catches on and steps aside making room for me to walk in. He's currently wearing a white v-neck shirt with some grey sweats and no shoes.

His room is exactly the same as it was the last time I saw it except he has papers all over the floor with his computer on, a website about the War Of 1812 in display.

He's working on the project.

"I found one more source," he says as he picks up some of the papers on the floor. "I was just working on that and some English homework."

"When do you sleep?" I ask as he neatly puts his paper inside a folder.

"Whenever I finish doing my work," he answers. "Usually it's around two or three in the morning, sometimes earlier."

"Why do you get home so late?" I try asking casually, but I know that for some reason this is a touchy subject.

I mean, Josh nor Alex will talk about it.

"Why do you want to know?" He avoids the question and I give him a confused look.

I was right, it is a touchy subject.

"Why do you avoid the question?" I ask and he glares at me.

"Why did you come into my room?" He smirks, a victorious look on his face.

He's right, why did I come in here?

"I don't know," I exhale taking a seat besides his bed on the ground.

"You said her name was Lilo," he sits next me. "I thought that was your mom."

"No," I shake my head. "I lied so you guys wouldn't find out."

"So it was her birthday that day?" He asks and I nod.

"She use to love getting balloons," I speak "on her birthday. The brighter and more extravagant the balloon was the better."

"Is that why you came," he questions "to California?"

"My parents sent me," I answer trying my best to fight back tears.

The last time I talked to them was on Lilo's birthday.

It's like they abandoned me here after she died.

Maybe I wasn't as good as child as she was and they felt like they didn't need me anymore. After all the only good thing in their life was gone.

I was just there. Taking up space, right?

"Why?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I thought it was to help me," I reply honesty "but now I don't know."

"Why do you say that?"

"I haven't talked to them in days," I answer a tear escaping my eyes. "They avoid my calls, don't answer my text messages and when they do answer all they tell me is that they're too busy to talk. . . .I feel like they sent me to get rid of me."

"That's not true," he argues. "I'm sure your parents care."

"They don't," I exhale. "If they did they wouldn't be acting like this. They wouldn't have sent me so far away and ignore me."