Chapter 18: Boy, You Ain't Got Nothing On Gale

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***
Ch18: Boy, You Ain't Got Nothing On Gale

"How about I tell you guys everything instead?" I say nervously.

As soon as the words came out I regret them.

They don't need to know, right?

I meet them around three or two months ago.

That's not enough time to talk about your dead sister, right?

I guess not, but I do live with them and I do consider them my friends.

Well, most of them anyway.

"Are you going to talk any time soon? Vincent asks breaking the silence and I glare at him.

"Give me a minute," I bark at him taking a seat on the couch.

"It's fine," Josh walks towards me and sits next to me taking a hold of one of my hands.

I immediately feel my stomach go crazy.

"No," I pull my hand free. "You just make thoughts go all weird."

"Do I?" He smirks and I shove him playfully.

"Shut up," I roll my eyes.

A few seconds later the mood is back to being tense and I take a deep breath.

"I had a sister," I say and all three of them look at me intensely. "We we're at the house talking and then I got hungry. So I asked her if she could go buy some food and she said yes. So she left the house and then after a while my parents came in completely hysterical. They were yelling and screaming about how she had gotten in a car crash. So we went to the hospital and they told us," I stop and take a deep breath "she was brain dead."

"I'm so sorry princess," Josh frowns and I smile softly at him.

Please don't feel sorry.

"She was kept alive with life support for four months before my parents decided to pull the plug," I look down at my hands. "I saw the guy who crashed into her when he came into the hospital, but I was too upset to even try and talk to him. He apparently was a college student who had too much to drink that night and decided to take a drive."

"Did you ever get his name?" Alex asks and I shake my head.

"No," I say. "The hospital did not want to give my parents that information to avoid conflict. . .it's a good thing too. I think my dad would have killed him if he could. "

"Anyone would have," Vincent murmurs angrily.

"Lilo wouldn't have wanted that," I sigh.

"Your mom?" Josh asks and I look at him confused before I realize what he means.

"Lilo's my sister," I chuckle. "I lied that day so you guys wouldn't find out the truth."

"Oh," Both Josh and Alex nod before they chuckle.

"Dillweeds," I laugh.

***
I place the phone against my ear and wait for the ringing to begin.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Hello," my mother answers and I smile wickedly.

"So you answer if it's private," I say and I can hear her gasp. "Why don't you answer my phone calls or texts?"

"Elliana," she says. "I've been full of work and I get home late. I know how hard school must be for you. I don't want to bother you so late at night."