Chapter 38: And I Thought Dora Was The Only One Who Created Awkward Silences

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

READ A/N AT THE END! :)

***
Ch38: And I Thought Dora Was The Only One Who Created Awkward Silences

Silence.

The complete absence of sound.

Well in my case, the complete awkward absence of sound.

So, I'm currently laying in my bed with Josh sitting next to me and my parents are standing in front of me, but no one has said a word.

Not a single word.

I can't think of anything to say.

Not anything nice anyways.

Lilo would always say, If you have nothing nice to say, then just say all the mean things you want to say and get it over with.

"We were going to bring you flowers," my dad breaks the silence "but we didn't know if they'd let us fly with them."

"Okay," I nod and we got back to silence.

I reach out and take a hold of Josh's hand giving it a soft squeeze. If I don't grab something I might just blow up.

My head hurts and my parents are here.

And I'm in a crappy mood.

"Seriously Elliana," my mother frowns. "We haven't seen you in months and all you say is okay."

Here we go.

"What do you want me to say mom?" I ask in a monotone voice.

I really don't feel like arguing right now.

"You could at least look happy to see us," she says.

"You sent me away after my sister died," I hiss. "You stopped calling me and you told me not to go home for thanksgiving. How happy do you think I am to see you? Considering you wouldn't be here if I hadn't just almost died."

Okay, my head is really hurting.

"We have been going through a very hard time," My dad explains and I frown.

"So have I," I tell him trying my best to push away my headache. "My sister, my best friend, my favorite person died and you sent me to another state to grieve by myself because you couldn't stand looking at me."

"What are you talking about Elliana?" My mom scoffs. "We did what we thought was best for you."

"No," I shake my head. "Admit it! You sent me away because I look just like her! You sent me away because you can't stand to look at me!"

Damn it, I feel like my head is going to fucking explode.

"I'm not Lilo," I tell them trying my best to calm down. "and I will never be her. I'm sorry that I remind you of her, but that's not my fault."

"We have allowed you to grieve her properly," my mother says. "We have given you space to do as you wish, but you are ungrateful."