Session Ten: Blacklisted

Michael was about to say something, but Shiga held up is hand, and calmly stepped back into his car. It starts with its now familiar growling whoosh. Michael skeptically gets back in the Shelby, and starts it up, its screaming grunt echoing through the empty streets. The rain is settling down now, letting loose only a few drops every few seconds instead of billions of constant aquatic bullets. The Corvette backs away from the bent up street light, and Michael could see that again, no dents, only scratches. The car was otherwise pristine. What was that thing made of? It wasn't armored, because it still seemed relatively light weight. Besides, armor would've taken some damage, like his dad's old Charger with its bullet proof steel plates - it was covered in dents.

The Corvette takes off at a moderately quick pace, Michael easily able to follow closely. They averaged about 160 down the highway. Then all of a sudden, Shiga weaves off from the highway, heading deep into the inner workings of Kempton. Michael follows all the way down to ground level. They headed to a deserted AutoCab charging station. On the adjacent street there were a familiar pair of red flares on the sidewalk. At the charging station, there were 2 other vehicles. A chrome wrapped 2014 Audi R8 V10 Plus with a small custom carbon spoiler and a livery consisting of a bunch of sponsor decals and a scantily clad anime girl. The car's shape was reminiscent of a Lamborghini, except it was larger and very rounded. The other vehicle was... a motorcycle? A shiny, black, 2017 Ducati 1299 Superleggera super bike, which if one were to look closely, had MotoGP spec suspension and a full race exhaust system. It's shape reminded Michael of a horse, but if that horse was very small, had no head or limbs and had been sculpted in a wind tunnel out of carbon fiber.

Michael didn't really know anything about super bikes. ( I know what your thinking internet people ARRRGGHHHHHH ThIsIsNtAcARrRRRRRRRRRR THIS CHAPTER IS WRONG IM GOING TO STOP READING NOW I know how motorcycles work, and how to drive one fast and different kinds of bikes and stuff, but I am no expert when it comes to particular models, especially compared to my knowledge of cars, so bear with me on this chapter.)

Shiga parks next to the R8, and Michael parks carefully next to Shiga, thoroughly confused. They both got out of their cars. Shiga has his hood pulled up, creating a shadow so you couldn't see his face.

"It's probably a good idea to hide your identity here. What we are about to do is incredibly dangerous. But also, a ride like no other!"

"Uhhh what exactly are we doing?"

"Hide your face. Oh, and don't use your real name."

Michael didn't know why he trusted this guy. It must be his cheerful attitude. Michael fumbled about in his jacket, and found an old pair of Ray-Bans style casual sunglasses. They looked like the glasses Baby wore in Baby Driver.

"Sup Rouge!? You're late!"

"Ahh, but I filled in our fourth slot!"

"What, Baby Driver over here? With Ed's old Mustang? Seriously?"

A young man in a crisp business suit and tie, with a cowboy hat casting a shadow over his face was leaning against the R8 was the other half of that conversation.

"Yeah Wall Street! If he can keep up with me, then he can definitely whoop your sorry ass!"
So, Shiga called himself Rouge, and this guy with the R8 called himself Wall Street.

"What do they call you Baby Driver?"

Michael thought quickly and said "Knight." quietly. These people made him uncomfortable. It reminded him of that crowd of kids at school who could hook you up with drugs. Real criminals. He found it difficult to speak.

A slender young woman stands up from a bench, presumably the owner of the Ducati. She has long brown hair, and wears ultra-tight black motorcycle leather, the jacket unzipped revealing that she wasn't wearing a shirt underneath, her toned stomach covered in a tattoo of shooting stars. She wears a balaclava, obscuring the lower half of her face, and high heeled combat boots as shoes. She rests one hand on her hips, and holds a black motorcycle helmet in her other arm. Michael would have thought she was hot, but something about her mannerisms bothered him.
She lowers her balaclava halfway to blow a bubble from the gum she was chewing, and says.
"This Knight kid, he's cute! But that won't do much for you against my 1299."