You're safe with me

Oliver got to the hospital with an unconscious Laurel in his arms. "Help!" He yelled, "I need help in here please!!" A Doctor entered the room while Oliver lay Laurel in the med table, Oliver took Laurel's hand, "alright you have to help her, please!" He begged, the doctor examined Laurel's body, "she lost a lot of blood" she said, the doctor called for a trauma team, "let her go!!" She commanded to Oliver, "what?" Asked Oliver, "I need to you to let her go so I can do my job" she added, Oliver placed his other hand on top of Laurel's and refused to leave. "Trauma team is gonna be here in any second and the last thing she needs right now is a circus, now go!" Yelled the doctor, Oliver let go of Laurel and walked towards the exit of the room, he looked at her one more time before he left.

Oliver entered the bunker, he was in shock, he just witnessed Laurel, his first love, his friend since childhood, practically his family, being injured, he got to the dresser and he saw himself in the mirror, he had red eyes because of the tears he shed on his way to the doctor. He removed his mask and hood, then he washed his face and hands, the water ended up red because the stains of Laurel's blood, he started crying, he couldn't believe what was happening, how could he be so blind? He changed into civilian clothes and headed towards the hospital. Again.

"Excuse me, Mr.Queen?" Asked Doctor Schwartz, "yes?" Asked Oliver with his arms crossed on his chest. "Green Arrow?" Asked the doctor, Oliver nodded with his lips tightened. "Well, I just wanted to inform you that, Laurel Lance aka the black canary is going to be fine she is sleeping right now, the surgery was successful and things went right, she is in recovery if you want to see her" said the doctor, Oliver sighed in relief. "Thank you doctor" he exclaimed and went to see Laurel.

Laurel was laying in the hospital bed, the machine beeped besides her, he took her hand and sat next to her in a chair, she looked peaceful sleeping, he rested his head on the bed and fell asleep.

"Wake up Oliver!!" Yelled a man, he had blue eyes, dark hair, little beard and he was not to tall but not short either. Oliver woke up and was shocked at who it was, "Tommy?" He asked, "Oliver Queen, my very best friend in life" said Tommy, "how?" Questioned Oliver, Tommy didn't answer just looked at Laurel, "she always looks cute when she sleeps" commented Tommy, Oliver frowned, "I remember those mornings waking up next to her and I kissed her and prepared her some omelets, those morning were the best of my life, those are the moments that I would have died for" he started saying, "Tommy I-" Oliver was interrupted "she hated you, those 5 years she lived hating you, her dad was a drunk and her mother was away and her sister well she was dead, all because of you, I brought her comfort, I helped her through those terrible moments, but then you came back, it was joy to us all except her" Said Tommy, Oliver took a deep breath, "you gave us your blessing and I took the chance to make her mine, I was happy, for the first time in my life I felt happy when I was with her, but you, you were the one who melted her heart for the first time, the one who broke her heart for the first time, but you- you were the one who put it back together when you came back, day and day she fell more for you after you came back, that is when I realized, she loves you and you are the love of her life, so I gave you two a chance to reconcile, I let her go, I saw she was in danger and went for her, I died for her" Oliver had tears on his eyes, Tommy smiled sadly, "I died for her Oliver, I gave up my life for her!! For her to be with you!! Because you and her were always meant to be, I DIED FOR HER!!" Exclaimed Tommy, "but you didn't care, she was going through her worst and she pushed you away, but it was your choice if you let her go or if you stayed and fight, but you ran away, ran away from Laurel to Felicity, look where it got you, Laurel is sleeping after being terribly wounded, you and Felicity are in a bad place and me, I am dead. My sacrifice was for nothing. I wish you would have died on that island" Oliver tightened his lips and tried to stop the tears coming from his eyes. "It's all your fault Oliver!" Exclaimed Tommy. Everything went dark and Oliver opened his eyes he lifted his head from the bed and took deep breaths. It was just a dream. Just a nightmare. "Bad dreams?" Asked a weak but kind voice, Oliver turned to see Laurel awake and looking at him, "hey, how are you feeling?" He asked, "not good" she responded, he looked down with a guilty expression, "I swear that if you blame yourself for this I will myself kick your ass" she said, he laughed. "So what were your bad dreams?" Asked Laurel, "I umm, I saw Tommy" he replied, "that's funny I saw him too" said Laurel, Oliver raised his eyebrows, "please tell me it was dream too and you didn't actually died" commented Oliver, " I can't really tell" she replied, Oliver looked worried, Laurel laughed a little bit, "don't worry I'm fine now" she said taking his hand, "are you really?" He questioned, Laurel smiled and placed her hand on his cheek, "Ollie, I am fine" she reassured him, "good" he exclaimed and smiled at her, she tried to sit up but then something reminded her she couldn't, pain. She winced and greeted her teeth, "wow, take it easy" told her Oliver, Laurel took a deep breath and closed her eyes, when she opened she had tears in them, "pain meds aren't helping?" Asked Oliver, "well, I kind of, I kind of didn't take any" she replied, "what? Are you crazy?" Asked Oliver, "Laurel, do you have any idea how much it hurts to get stabbed by an arrow?" He exclaimed standing up, "oh no, I mean the reason why I am here is because I was stabbed by an arrow but I really don't have an idea" she replied sarcastically, Oliver opened his mouth to talk "right! Bad question" he said, "look, I am just worried Laurel, I don't want you going through that much pain, pain lasts for a long time after surgery" he said, "I appreciate you worrying about me Ollie, but Ill try my best to avoid them, and if I get to a point where I can't handle the pain anymore I will take them, except that if I can't handle the pain I die, then it won't really matter" she said, "please don't do that" told her Oliver, "do what?" Asked Laurel, "Wow, there really isn't an easy way to tell you this but, this past weeks were both good and bad, losing Felicity was bad but you were there for me and I founded this feeling that I actually missed, but I was so focused on Felicity that I didn't see it, and I hate that it had to take you almost dying for me to realize" he makes a stop and takes a deep breath, "I don't want to live without you" he said, Laurel was surprised at the words coming out from his mouth. "I don't want to keep moving forward, I don't want to keep fighting if you are not in my life, because I- I love my life when you're in it" he added, Laurel smiled with tears on her eyes. "So please don't leave me" he begged, "believe me, you just gave me another reason to live" she said, he smiled.

Couple days later
"So what now?" Asked Diggle, "now we kill the Darhk son of a bitch" exclaimed Oliver, Oliver walked toward the exit of the bunker, "so wait you're gonna kill him now?" Asked Diggle, "no, I was just going to check up on Laurel" answered Oliver. Diggle nodded, "about that, look I am sorry I haven't been there to visit her, I just really feel like this was my fault" commented Diggle, "believe me everyone that enters Laurel's room who are not doctors blame themselves, the funny part is that Laurel doesn't blame anyone but Darhk" said Oliver, Diggle nodded, "you blame yourself?" He questioned, "look John, I am going to admit I wasn't totally on focus that day, I was thinking about Felicity, about her voicemail, if it wasn't for Felicity on my mind I bet Laurel would be fine now" replied Oliver, "you think that Felicity is responsible for Laurel being hurt?" Asked John, "John, she sent me voicemails saying that she loves me and wants me, then she tells me she loves me but doesn't want me, it's kind of ridiculous her reasons to break up with me, but just like you said, she needs time, and on that time, I'll be happily taking care of Laurel who I am sure I have become her worst nightmare" Oliver laughed at the last part and left the room with a smile on his face.

Oliver knocked on the door, he opened it to reveal Laurel looking at her stitches in the mirror, she stopped doing it once she saw Oliver, "don't worry, it'll look prettier with time" said Oliver, Laurel rubbed her side, "are you okay?" Asked Oliver, "oh my God, if I earned a dollar every time somebody asks me that I'd be Bill Gates by now" she exclaimed, Oliver laughed. "Ready to go home?" He asked she nodded, Oliver extended his hand for her to take it. She did it and they walked towards the car. Oliver helped Laurel sit and get comfortable. He sat and started driving. Laurel had her head resting on the car seat and she was looking over the window, Oliver kept looking at her to check if she was okay. "You can stop looking at me Ollie" she commented, "why would I? You're really pretty" he replied, "yes but apart from that you are checking if I am fine" Oliver tightened his lips, "you look tired" he said, "I am not really good at sleeping after going through traumatic stuff" she said, Oliver tucked her hair behind her ear, "sleep, you're safe now Laurel, I got you and I won't let anything happen to you" he said, "well in that case would you carry me to my bed and take me-" Oliver interrupted Laurel "take you warm blankets and comfortable clothes, a cup of chamomile tea and a glass of water, oh and how could I forget your teddy bear" finished Oliver, Laurel laughed, "the teddy bear was when I was like a little girl, and how do you know all these stuff?" She asked, "I will never forget that day when you got sick and your mother was in another city and your dad being a busy policeman, me and Tommy took care of you and you always asked for this things" replied Oliver, Laurel smiled and her eyes started closing, she yawned. Then she fell deep asleep. When they got to her apartment Oliver laid her down on her bed, he heat up some blankets and covered Laurel with them. He made tea and placed it next to Laurel, he also took her a glass of water and kissed her in the forehead. He placed something between her arms and walked towards Thea's room. "Can I stay here for a while?" He asked her, "look, Felicity kicked me out and I have been living in the bunker, you have space and Laurel needs some help from me so, this is the right place to stay at" he added. "Don't worry, you are welcomed to stay" she responded. Oliver nodded gratefully and went To Laurel's room, he sat on the bed. He looked at Laurel peaceful sleeping. He was feeling something weird, he knew that feeling but didn't know what did it mean, he felt that way for almost all his life until he got to the boat trip. He knew it was something good, was it love?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally I start writing Lauriver. Thanks a lot for reading and leave a comment if you like it.