*Chapter 12*

Hey again guys. I figured I would update again since I won't be updating again until school ends. Sorry guys, thats just what I have to do.

In this Chapter, Peeta and Katniss are having another check up on the baby. There's more stuff about Johanna and Fitch's wedding. Mostly more about the upcoming newest Mellark.

I'm also trying to speed up Katniss' whole pregnancy.  Sooo,  yeahh. 

Hope you guys enjoy this Chapter. ☺

___________________________

*Katniss' POV*

*20 weeks*

My stomach only grew an inch and a half more from the last time I saw Dr. Shields. My baby bump is noticeable but it's smaller than usual.

Today is my doctor's appointment with Dr. Shields to check up on the baby. I can also find out the sex of the baby today as well.

Peeta and I talked about if we wanted to find out the sex or not. We decided that we wanted it to be a surprise this time. Although I'm not a huge fan of surprises, I know I'll enjoy this one.

It's past noon and here Peeta and I sit waiting for a nurse to call my name. We decided not to bring the kids this time so we have Haymitch watching them until we come back.

"Katniss Mellark."

Peeta and I stand and walk towards the nurse. We follow the nurse to a room. I sit down on the small bed and the nurse does the same procedures as always.

"Dr. Shields will be right with you." She says. I nod and she leaves the room. Peeta sits down in the chair next to the bed.

A few minutes later, Dr. Shields walks in and smiles. "Hello Katniss and Peeta." She says happily. I smile and say,"Hi."

She turns on the ultrasound machine and picks up her clipboard from the counter. "Okay. First off, anything new happen or anything unusual happen?"

"Well, my morning sickness has went away. My cravings keep building and im still always extremely tired." I say.

"Well thats perfectly normal. You'll be experiencing more and more symptoms as you go on with the pregnancy. Anyway, let's get started." She says. 

I lay down and I lift up my shirt, so that it's halfway across my stomach. Dr. Shields grabs the gel and squeezes it across my lower abdomen.

She dims the lighting in the room. I look at Peeta and he gently holds my hand. I smile and look back at Dr. Shields.

She grabs the wand and places it on my lower abdomen.  She moves the wand around and smiles.  "There's your baby." She says.

I look at the screen in awe. My baby looks beautiful.  He's tiny but perfect. I look at Peeta and he lays a gentle kiss on my knuckles.

"Would you guys like to know the sex of the baby?" Dr.Shields asks. I look at her and shake my head. "We want it to be a surprise this time." I tell her.

She smiles and nods. "Well alright. I'll print you two a picture." I nod and she pauses the computer screen. She prints the picture and hands it to me.

"It was nice seeing you two again. Come back in 6 weeks for another check up." Dr. Shields says.

I nod and say,"Alright and same to you.  Thank you Dr. Shields." She smiles and says,"No problem Katniss.  See you in 6 weeks."

She gets up from her chair and leaves the room. I wipe the gel off my stomach and throw away the paper towel. "Let's go home." Peeta says. 

I nod and say,"Okay."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Which is better? Fish or Chicken?" Johanna asks Annie and I. I look at Annie and we both shrug our shoulders.

I turn to Johanna and say,"I personally believe you should have both. They're both more elegant and wedding worthy. It'll also be nice for the guests to be able to choose which one they want."

"Yeah, I guess your right." Johanna says, looking down at her notebook. 

"Oh,  this wedding is going to be beautiful! I have everything planned to perfection! The venue, the flowers, the cake!" Effie says excitedly. 

I smile and shake my head.  Effie being Effie. I think to myself.

"I just realized something," Johanna says," I'm getting married in 5 days. Oh my God, everything seems so real now."

I smile and say,"Don't worry, it'll all be worth it. You know why? You get to spend the rest of your life with the person you love more than anything. It's truly a gift."

She smiles and says,"Your right. I love him more than anything. And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with the man I love."

I smile and say,"Plus your bachelorette party is tomorrow night and were gonna have some serious fun!"

Johanna smirks and says,"Hell yeah we are!"

_____________________________

A/N

Ahhhh.  So I know this Chapter is short and I'm Sorry. I tried to make it as long as I can.  Sorry for any typos as well.

So what did you think of the chapter??? I know its not my best but it's something. I really hope you guys enjoyed this Chapter. 

Spoiler: Next chapter is gonna be about the bachelorette party, the after math, and last but not least..... *Insert drumroll* THE WEDDING!!  ❤

Lol,  anyways until next time!

-Vote

-Comment

-Share

-Follow

All rights go to Suzanne Collins.

xxxxx infinity_and_beyond3 xxxxx