Chapter Twenty Eight -Tea Time for little girls

The DAY

Sometimes we involve ourselves in things maybe we shouldn't have. Some things are just meant not to be in our lives.

Normalcy wasn't meant to be a factor in my life.

Nothing about my life thus far had ever been normal. The fact that I was currently sitting in Leah's Dinner in the early hours, waiting for Adam to show up with everyone else, seemed normal but it really wasn't. It was early in the mid morning and we were all meeting here before the diner opened for business to talk about the plan. We had met last night after the hospital visit at a field outside of town around mid night.

Adam had dropped me a couple of hour ago. Yesterdays visit with Roz took a toll on him. I knew it was bothering him but he wouldn't really talk to me about it. He had come back from getting snacks leaving me defenseless against Roz's line of questioning. And since Adam thought that he would just ditch me, and I wouldn't hold it against him he was sadly mistaken when he came back with snacks I promptly left him with Roz.

Adam, doesn't really know the kind of girl he's dealing with

It was cute when he tried to be firm and all manly with me.

What he didn't understand was that I remembered everything, and I held a grudge like nobody else. When we got home, he understood.

We bother weren't relationship people but we were making it work.

Here I sat at this diner again waiting again. Leah was here cleaning the table tops like she was suppose to do before she opened the diner for the day. Her aunt was upstairs like normal in their apartment above the restaurant. Leah told me a lot about her Aunt. How she drank a lot like Liam's dad does. She hid it well because when I met her last week she didn't seem like a drunk, but then again what did I know. Leah had said that, she drank every night after work, and could always be found at the pub. Which meant that she was never awake before noon. Ever since Leah was old enough to take care of herself, her Aunt had been there to take care of her, but not really.

Adam had taken care of her.

They grew up together. I had heard so many stories from Leah about how Adam was when they were younger I felt like I knew him. It wasn't like he didn't tell me stories because we spent nights in bed talking about his life. I didn't go about telling him mine as much as he told me his. I didn't have stories like he did. I didn't really have anyone.

It wasn't like I was some sob story. Far from it, I was just a girl who was always alone. I always felt alone. In a room full of people I always just felt like I was alone in it. Invisible. Which was why I did some of the things, I chose to do. I grew up. My parents divorce was a good thing. I couldn't say that I was a product of their divorce though my behavior put a deciding factor in their fighting. They always fought when I was little, I didn't think that our bedtime stories really needed to be as depressing as I felt my life had always been. So I kept them to myself.

Leah finished cleaning the tables and wondered in the back, soon a knock sounded on the back door where she was, and shortly after the guys walked in. By guys, I mean Liam and Adam and their three stooges.

Adam came in first and headed right over to the counter where I was sitting; he took up the seat next to me. Like, he was staking his claim on it. Which was fine with me, if he wanted to be macho manly then he could. Liam came over and kissed Leah on her lips, their little make out session had the three others watching with a little bit too much hunger.

"Well, be leaving around eleven." Adam said to me quietly. I nodded and put my arm around his which was resting on the counter.

I eyed out company, they looked just as dangerous as they did the other day. I forgot their names already, but I didn't think that really mattered. Curly and Moe, looked like they didn't give two shits about names, they wanted to blow shit up. An, Larry looked like he just wanted to shoot the crap out of someone and bury them out back. Or maybe kidnap a little girl and torture her to death. His whole being said "child killer." But then again he worked for a bad person; I guess it was just what he was supposed to be. I made sure that I remembered that and kept that one away from my back.

Never let your enemies behind your back, which was the great way for them to stab you in it.

I liked my back just the way it was, knife free.

Liam came up to the counter where Adam and I sat and started to meeting. It wasn't long, but he just gave us all the details. We would meet at the abandoned Logan Field outside of town at, ten pm. The three would bring weapons, which they thought was appropriate for such thing. Leah eyed them like they were going to shoot us all up and rob the place the whole time. I couldn't blame her. I felt the same way.

They rubbed me wrong.

After the discussion, the three left, Adam showed them out and locked the back. Leah went with him and I heard them talking in hushed tones behind in the kitchen. I smiled at Liam who did his best to nod and smile back at me.

I felt for him. I really did. I wanted Roz to live, and get better and just everything. I felt so badly for him. He was a decent guy; I figured that he did what he had to do to survive in the world. Kind of, like I did.

We spent the next two hours talking. Leah made us sandwich's before Joe came in to work and started his prep work on the days meals. Since it was summer, and nobody had to get off to school. A lot of people came into the diner. I couldn't blame Leah for slightly not liking her job. The amount of families and their bratty kids would drive anyone nuts. Soon Liam left, having to go do some business. Leah wasn't happy he had to leave but she understood. She made sure everyone was settled and walked him out. Adam left along with Liam.

"I'll pick you up later okay?" Adam said. I nodded and smiled.

Did I want to be left here? Not really.

Did I want to really be away from him for hours? No.

Did I want to be a clingy annoying girlfriend? HELL NO!

"No problem, I'll be here." I said. "Have a good day."

I tried my best.

He came closely to me and grabbed a hold on me, spinning me around in the diners counter seat. I put my arms around his neck. He leaned in closely and kissed my cheek. It made me feel warm all over. Just a smile kiss on my cheek made me feel like the whole world was made of daisies and sunshine and puppies. What in the world was wrong with me? His face moved and I found that his lips were near my ear.

"I'll miss you like crazy." Was all he said before he kissed my forehead and walked out of the diner's front door.

I wanted to say id miss him too, but he left before I could. The stupid smile on my face didn't go away until Leah came back inside the door and saw me. Her smile was about the same and she gave me a knowing one, which wiped that shit right off my face.

Time to put your Game Face on Mia! Tonight you'd be robbing a bank. Love sick little girls don't rob banks they play tea party and serve fake cookies on plastic plates.

Game face....Check.

Love sick little girl....Check.

What's happened?