Chapter Twenty-Four - Confessions of a Tattoo'd Princess

Five days in counting

To say that today was a tense day was like saying the sky was sort of blue. The ocean kind of had fish in it, and Lions kind of liked to eat meat.

I was sitting in the Diner that Leah worked at and I found myself here more often then I found myself anywhere else. Yesterday's "meeting" at the café went over slightly well until Liam said something and it made Leah blow up into a massive psycho girlfriend. My best guess was that their perfect relationship which I sometimes envied wasn't all that perfect.

Adam had dropped me off here with Leah in some kind of attempt to keep me away from any more "Action" then was needed. Or so he said. He didn't want me meeting with the big boss guy. Adam was driving over to Liam's and they were going to go meet up with Lucian. I didn't know why but for some reason that name just felt familiar, like I had heard it before. I didn't think I knew anyone by that name. I had met a few of Marcus's people but never did I think I met anyone as important as Lucian was. Maybe I had heard his name in a passing conversation and déjà vu was eating at me.

I sat here in the diner in the far left corner close to the kitchen door. It swung in and out a lot after Leah would go inside and screech orders at the cook who was an older man named Joe. Joe looked a little greasy but harmless over all. Customers came in at periodic times and Leah would huff from behind the counter where she was playing with a knife, taping it between his fingers at alarming speeds. Her having to stop and help customers made the game seem far more fun then their requests for things like extra mayo and salt. That fact that I knew Leah, I found it funny the amount of complaints she would get and then leave to fix them. Personally I wouldn't complain if Leah was my waitress I was about eighty percent sure she'd spit in my food.

I watched Leah help a family with two kids sit in a booth before she went over to the business man on the other side of the diner. He had come in, dark suit and dark glasses. I was instantly worried and then it subsided. My tension was high. Lately I felt like I was buying my time that my Uncle and Aunt would find me. I felt like they must have been looking for me. I was sure my mother was pissed. It was coming close to the end of my "trip" to hell. I was sure, my mother would soon, fly herself to Texas and track me down like a blood hound. I figured if I stayed in the less likely places she'd never find me.

I was picking at the cheeseburger and fries Leah had gotten me while I waited for her to finish with the customer and head back over here.

"You gonna eat that thing or just look at it all day." Leah said with a huff sitting down in the booth across from me.

"I'll eat it, I was just busying. - thinking "I said glancing out in the diner's surroundings

"If you say so..." she mumbled, with a heavy eye roll.

"Look I get you don't like me." I said. "I get it I do."

"I like you." Leah said. "It's just, Adam." She looked around the room before looking back at me.

"What about Adam?" I said curiously.

"He's different with you. I noticed it the second he started to talk about you. Meeting you at his mothers church, and I just thought.. well I more just grew my own ideas about you and then I met you and you were way different then my thoughts." She confessed.

"Well, thanks for the benefit." I said laughing a bit.

"I just...- Adam is my best friend, we grew up together. We've never been away from each other. His father and my father were friends since like birth or something. Our mothers loved each other and my mother ditched me with my aunt. Adam has always been here for me. I just don't want him to be hurt." She said looking at me darkly.