Chapter Three ~ In your Dreams

Chapter Three

I woke to the sound of hushed whispers. It sounded like a large group of people were talking loudly not to far away. I couldn't make out the conversation but it sounded heated. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, and groaned, my muscles ached in all the most unpleasant ways.

On the plush bed, I had been lying on my stomach and it felt so great I almost didn't want to rise at all. My stomach however decided otherwise. The deep growls that came from underneath my t shirt told me I should probably feed it before the monster within ate me alive. I hadn't eaten since the cheese fries. I could live forever on those alone but I think my body would disagree.

I got up rolling over and standing near my bed. I looked over at my carry on which held a change of clothes. I figured I could take these off at maybe wash them.. It wasn't like I had too many options at this point few options. I had spent the night on an airplane then half a day's travel on a smelly bus. It wasn't like I needed too but I just wanted to the thought of burning my clothes.

I had on, my favorite outfit, it came to my mind. I quickly pushed it away.

I took off my boots, striped off my socks tossed them across the room and pulled my denim shorts off, I took my leggings off slowly they had holes I just loved these and I didn't want to ruin them.

I pulled my shirt over my head and tossed it aside. I rummaged thru my bag and found some new underwear. I changed what I had and went back to searching for a change of clothes I pulled out a pair of black denim cut offs and a rage shirt. I slipped them on and dismissed the need for leggings, it was so hot here.

After pulling my hair up into a high pony bun I decided to go downstairs, food was much needed. The growls got louder, like it was possible the demons inside my body wanted to exit thru an unnecessary means.

I made my way down the hallway towards the sound of loud yelling. After passing the 400 different doors I got to the stairs and climbed down, pausing I looked at the walls on either side, they held hundreds of photos. I assumed they were of Ethan and Valerie.

I didn't care to glance at them before, but I saw them now.

I descended down until I reached the bottom. I walked towards the left I knew right was the living room and any indication by the loud noise dinner wasn't that direction. It was dark outside by looking out the windows. I made my way closer passing through a very large kitchen. Suzy Homemaker knew how to build a kitchen. It held everything you would assume a kitchen did. Only it was huge. Way bigger then you'd think it should be.

My aunt must be a cooker.

I passed through there towards the sounds and found the source. It seemed that they were out on the back porch which was huge. It held a rather large wood table with a whole hell of a lot of people around it.

I saw my Aunt and Ethan instantly towards to right side. Near my aunt was a man with black hair, cut short, he looked just like my mother. His eyes were sky blue, just like hers were. He was dressed just like Ethan and Aunt Lynn were dressed. From what I could see he had jeans on and a flannel shirt. He wasn't wearing a hat, but I didn't doubt he owned one.

I assumed that was my Uncle.

To his right was a striking blonde girl, she had the same sky blue eyes, obvious inheritance from her father's side. Aunt Lynn's eyes were grey-ish, like Ethan's. She didn't look anything like Ethan did.

Ethan's blonde hair was almost brown. Where hers was so blonde it was almost white. She was thin, and probably very tall.

That must have been Valerie. She was a combination of both her Father and Her mother in all the worst ways.