Chapter Nineteen - Expectations

(unedited) 3/22/14))

Enjoy!

We drove in mostly silence the music from the radio pretty much drowning out all conversation. Leah in the front seat was humming around her hand clutching onto the one Liam had place on her thigh. I was currently leaning my body onto Adams, my hand bunched into my lap while he had his arm slung over my shoulder. He was talking quietly to Roz beside himself. I was behind Leah in the passenger's side of the car, he was in the middle and Roz was behind Liam who was driving us to the concert. Their discussion got louder and she hushed him. Shaking her head at him negatively, I didn't know what they were softly arguing about but I was very curious. Roz loved a good argument and it was mostly her friends who gave into her when she got heated about anything. This was opposite though, Adam wanted her to agree to something and she just refused.

I was trying to listen but not listen. It would be rude to their privacy, if they wanted everyone in the conversation they would have included us all.

I did the only thing I could think off really I sang along to the music that Leah had put on and tried to ignore the conversation, my hands in my lap twiddled around a bit before I started to glide them along to the song.

Our trip to the fair grounds that the concert was in was a short one. We arrived quickly and I noticed that we hadn't gone that far from Adam's place. Which also meant we were closer to the Callahan Ranch then I wanted to really be. My only hope was that none of them would be around here. I didn't think so and even if they were it didn't matter much I wasn't going back with them. Not any of them.

I figured maybe Jasper might be here, he seemed like he enjoyed this music, or even Isaac or even Jacob or Daniel. I didn't place Ethan as a hard rock music listener. So even if one of his friends found me I wouldn't bother with their insistence.

We pulled into the fair grounds and parked a bit away, Liam shut the engine off and got out of his car. Leah was quick to jump out and attach herself to his side. He grabbed her to his side and put a hand into the back pocket of her jeans pulling her closer. If that was even possible. Roz was climbing out of the car and gave that a slightly disgusted look. I opened my door and climbed out myself. Adam followed me out, he grabbed onto my hand quickly and shut Liam's car door. Roz had slammed her and was following behind Liam and Leah.

Adam pulled me along behind him until we got closer to Roz and he swung and arm over her shoulder pulling her close. She laughed slightly and put an arm around his back. His grip on my hand tightened and I felt his finger brushing the top of my hand. I glance in his direction and his smile was wide. I smiled back and walked along with them. We made out way to the side entrance where people weren't going to enter, and Liam pulled out his phone and made a call. Adam stopped us a tiny bit away from Leah and Liam and I watched Adam intently. Roz had pushed away from us and was waiting a bit to the side.

Liam greeted the person on the line and soon a man came to the door letting us into a tented area. We all went after the man and soon after walking through a short bit of equipment we were out into the large fair grounds. I smiled widely. I had never been to a concert like this. Mostly back home I just went to bars where it was small dingy and people were all mashed together.

This was so much different. It was wide and open two stages were on either side of this large opening of land and there were venders lining the sides of the fenced in area which was huge. I saw so many things all at once my heart fluttered a bit.

Adam gripped my hand tightly and pulled me along after Liam and Leah. Roz was walking next to Liam and he was talking to her. He had to bend over a tiny bit which was a lot for his rather tall frame. Roz was a short girl like me only a bit taller. Roz was 5'6 and the guys had to be at least 6'3. I was 5'4. Leah was almost as tall as Liam and he was the same height as Adam. I was a midget compared to these people.