Chapter 2

Lucky enough, he’ll be having a concert tour near our place and I was given a chance to have my backstage pass because my dad’s bestfriend is one of the owners of the venue. And there came the day I’ve been waiting for, the day of my childhood bestfriend and crushes’ concert day. The day where we’ll finally see each other. My hopes are high that he’ll still recognize me as me, his bestfriend. I was amazed to see the huge crowed of people at the stadium waiting and cheering for Toff.

I felt happy for my bestfriend. It’s his dream to become a singer. He finally reached his dreams. I hurried up to the backstage and present my pass to the guards. Toff isn’t still there. He’s still on his way. So I stayed at the sofa-like small chair Uncle Dewitt (the owner of the venue) prepared for me. There, I saw him smiling at me.

“Hey Risse, how was your father? He called me last night so I reserved a special place for you here.  You know what, many are requesting to have that special backstage pass too. But we never allowed them. Except for you, of course. I can never say no to your family who had been my closest friend ." I smiled as he told me that and hugged Uncle Dewitt for letting me stay at the backstage.

As the backstage doors opened, I heard louder screams from outside with gives me signals that Toff finally arrived. I saw his 5'11 tall figure entering the backstage wearing his cap and a shades together with his personal assistant and body guards guarding after him.

He quickly sat at the chair specially  reserved for him and sighed as he seemed to look so relieved to go pass through those number of fans outside and said: “Oh it’s still 3 hours before the show starts and can’t believe to see that number of people outside.”

I don’t know if I’ll stand and go talk to him by that time. My body frozed as I saw him. He really looks great. Greater than I thought he’d look. Until uncle Dewitt finally stood and go near him.

“Hey Toff, I am Dewitt McCanster,  owner of this establishment. I’m glad to see you here.” I sighed and looked at them talking to each other until I finally caught Uncle Dewitt’s attention and he called me.

“Oh Rissey darling come get here.” I stood and almost can’t move a muscle. Then he introduced me to Toff.

“By the way, this is Clarisse Johnson. Daughter of my best-est friend. Our only VIP person here in back stage. Well I know you’re manager requested not to let any VIP’s come over but I just can’t resist this young girl’s request. So I guess one girl isn’t bad right?” He told him.

“Oh. No, no. That’s great. Hi Clarisse! You really looked familiar.” Then he saw the necklace I’m wearing then his eyes were seemed to be nailed at it.

“Y-y-you are…” And I cut in.

“Yes Toff, it’s me, Rissey!” He hugged me quickly and kissed my cheeks and told me he can’t believe it’s me.

“Oh my God! You are so amazingly beautiful. I, I, I missed you so much! I’m sorry I haven’t told you and your family I’ll be having my concert here. Mom was also busy too. That’s why. I’m really, really sorry.” He said. Am I dreaming? Toff, the famous singer hugged me tight and it felt just like the old times. It felt really good. I still feel my heart beating fast and my nervousness.

“No, it’s okay. I knew you’re busy. It’s obvious. Especially when you have a lot of supporters all over the world supporting you and I’m pretty sure you have a though schedule that you’ll really don’t have time just to tell us you’re coming right? It’s no big deal. I understand.”I told him.

“Wait, you both know each other?” Uncle Dewitt cut in.

“Yeah. She’s my best friend way back years ago before I got to New York.” Toff said.

“I see. I better get outside to check around.” Uncle replied.

We watched him exit the room and both stared at each other for a moment.

“Are you mad at me for not sending your mom an email to update you with what’s happening with me? I’m so so sorry. My manager stopped me from using computers before to be focused on my singing career. And mom told me that she called aunt Beck and she told mom that you are busy at school and you’re into journalism contests. So I didn’t bothered to ask mom again.”

I’m never expecting to hear that from him. And when I was about to reply, his make up artist called him to get ready for his opening number. “So Rissey, I’ll go talk to you later huh? Please don’t go home yet after my concert okay?” He said and quickly kissed my cheeks and I completely blushed and couldn’t say a word.

After his concert was done, as he promised, he came back at where he left me at the corner of the room. He sat beside me and asked me if I have a twitter account. I gave mine.

“risseylove is my username. Why?” I asked.

“I’ll go follow you and let everyone know that this is my happiest day ever because I finally saw my princess again. So let’s take a pic.” I was surprised to see him like that.

I’m still feeling like I’m dreaming to be with my only childhood best friend and childhood sweetheart like. He told me he’ll be staying at a private house not that far from our village for a vacation, 1 hour away, maybe. But we should keep it a secret and of course I’m free to tell mom and dad about it. He wants us to visit them this coming Saturday. He quickly gave me the address and got my number so he can call me back when we got out of the concert area.

“I can’t wait to see your parents again. I just texted mom and she’s really very excited too. So see you on Saturday Rissey! I love you and miss you. Really.” And he gave me tight hug and kissed my forehead then exited the room.

As I finally got home, I told mom the great news. She’s so happy to hear it. And I gave toff my mom’s cellphone number for him to gave it to his mom so they could communicate. I entered my room and pulled my iPhone on my pocket and was so surprised to see a thousand of new followers on twitter and tweets asking about me and Toff and some telling how envious of them to see our pic and some telling how lucky I am.

Of course I’ve read negative tweets from new haters. But I didn’t mind them. 

I received a text from Toff:

“Hey Rissey, are you already home? Hope you are. I’m on my way to the place I’m telling you a while ago. Luckily, they let me and my driver get there without any other cars following us so it won’t be to obvious that I’m on my way. Sleep early alright? I miss you! Love you! Xx” I was like a 5 year-old child smiling randomly while reading his text.

I never felt this way before. This one’s real different and I don’t know why. I know he’s just my bestfirend. And I remembered what he said years ago that he wants me to be his future girlfriend when we’re already at the right age. We haven’t talked about that a while ago but it will be so awkward if we did. I guess.

----------------------------------

I'll be posting the next part soon ^_^

Hihi. :)) please comment and vote yeah? :* Thanks!!