First and Only Love

"Got to believe in magic, tell me how two people find each otherrrrrr...."

"In a world that's full of strangers.." Mom interupted my singing.

"Hey mom!" I looked up to her with a bit annoyed look in my face.

"What? Haha. Thinking of Toff again? I knew it." She replied as she started tickling me on my side. She got me once again. Well, yeah. She's right. I just remembered him once again. 

I’m Clarisse, a seventeen year-old girl that loves to act, dance and sing. I am about five feet. and six inches tall with light colored skin. Many people seemed to stop their gaze at my eyes every time they look at me. Many told me that it is because of it’s somewhat cute, perfect  shape together with it’s brown ball and expressive features that you can never resist every time you look at. I don't know why they keep on telling me that.

Along with my day dream is my best friend, Toff. He’s a handsome, seventeen  year- old guy who’s about five ft. and eleven inches tall with a very cute smile that every girl would fall for every time you see him smile. Plus, he sings so well that he could even touch your heart.  Our skin color’s almost the same that’s why some people asks me if he’s my brother or something.  Maybe because we grew up together and we’re always seen together. What can I say, we have known each other since three.

We used to hear teases from our parents and neighbors  when we were younger like six or so, I guess, that maybe when we grew up we’d fall in love with each other. Of course we still don’t understand that by that age. Naah.  So much for that. We love sleeping over to each other’s house because it’s like only two houses away. Haha. Our childhood days are the best days of our lives indeed.

Yes we are both happy we can come to each other’s place as long as we need each other. We both even agreed that we’ll never have any other crushes before us. Because some of our classmates started having their boyfriends and girlfriends already at very young age while we promised that we’ll be in a relationship soon with each other too. Maybe we still don’t understand that love they are talking about but we have learned to love each other and had known each other long enough. Kinda sweet puppy love stage yeah?

Many young girls at our school started liking him that they would even stalk him when he goes to bathroom which makes him feel uneasy and somewhat irritated. He goes with me at the library, eat lunch and even gives me a ride home with their car.  I felt very happy indeed but not until the time he and his family had to move out because he qualified for his audition for the Young  Tween Stars  at New York. Where the producers promised to handle every expenses for him and his family’s flight to New York. Where he’ll stay there to live as a talent, go to workshops,voice lessons and be home schooled.

I keep telling that Toff and his parents’ stay there  is ain’t that long but living without Toff would make me feel so alone and not myself. He’s like a part of me. Toff is the only person to know me inside out.

By the time he told me he had to leave to reach his dreams, sure he looks so happy. And I’m happy for my best friend too. Very, very happy. But for a second, we both posed for we remembered that we’ll not be seeing each other for a long time. Course that was a long time! We lived together like every single day of our lives.

It was 3 days before their flights when our parents decided that we should go for the beach for our last bonding together and to finally say goodbyes to each other. Toff and I enjoyed the whole daylight swimming and changing stories at the beach. And when the sun was finally about to end, that’s where my best friend and my childhood crush who admitted that he wants me to be his future girlfriend too, called me for a walk beside the white sandy beach and to sit there to watch the sunset.

There, we vowed to each other that we’ll never ever forget each other and to still keep connected and updated with each other through phones and Internet. He gave me a necklace with our name combined as Toffrisse. Then he pecked my lips. That’s our first kiss. And that’s really cute and sweet. I can never ever forget that moment of my life.

Days passed so fast. It’s been 4 years since that happened and a lot of things has changed. We did kept in touch for the first 6 to 7 months of being far from each other but as we both get busy, we started to face many things in life that made the both of us almost forget each other and our promises. But I didn’t knew that our parents was still communicating though.

I didn’t had any boyfriends yet till now. Some of my classmates even think that I was a lesbian because of that. I don’t even go out just to hag out with friends. I started loving fashion and journalism too. One day I tried opening my television on and was surprised to see an international news about a guy named Toff Lewis who had just made his name to fame. Yeah I still know him. But I was so unsure if that’s still him. I mean, is he still the Toff I know? His looks really did changed a lot. Still with beautiful eyes, a very nice face every girl would dream of and his voice got deeper but still sounds just like before for me.

Now he’s famous. And I am… Still me… Clarisse. Mom told me she always receives phone calls from some talent agencies who wants me to be their talent, model or what so ever but my mom always decline them without me knowing. Maybe because she wants me to finish school first? Right? But I understand. My mom wants me to reach my dreams. She even let me sing at mini bars, small events and do some hosting job sometimes. But she makes sure it won’t cut through my class hours.

Going back to Toff, questions started bugging out my mind. Does he still remembers me? Maybe by now, he already has his showbiz girlfriend right? There are a lot of pretty hot showbiz ladies at our age that he might want to be with. Maybe now, my name doesn’t even cross his mind.

So I got my laptop and quickly opened browser to search every article on the Internet about him. I was surprised to find a bunch of them. A day isn’t enough for me to read all of those. You see, I'm not that much updated when it comes to new arising stars. So I heard he has a twitter account so I made mine too. I started following him and left a tweet. “@ToffyL. : hey toff! It’s me Clarisse, remember me?” But I failed to receive a tweet back. Maybe cause he’s too busy to read tweets or he really has a lot of fans around the world tweeting him that made him not able to read my tweet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me first know what was your impression with this first part and i'll be uploading the next after this. :DD Thanks xx and oh, BTW, follow me on twitter. @aprilgrace014 :D Thanks again!!! :* <3