Chapter 25: Candy

I slowly opened my eyes before being forced to close them again, seeing that the light from the sun was attacking my vision.

I pulled one of the spare pillows over my head before I felt it being pulled off.

I glanced up to see Asher with a smirk on his face, eating my peach yogurt. I then frowned, remembering the events from last night. I remember him leaving the bed early in the morning, around 5:30. I wanted to beg him to stay but I was too tired and he probably didn't want anything to do with me anymore.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he noticed my frown.

"You're eating my yogurt," I told him. It wasn't a complete lie. Sure, it wasn't the main reason but my peach yogurt is something to get mad about.

"Oh," he said. "Here then," Asher said, sticking it out to me.

"Ew, no! I don't want your cooties!" I screamed at him as I rolled over and got out of bed.

"Seriously, Riley? If anything, you and I share the same cooties. I don't think it's possible to kiss someone without getting their cooties. You know, I'm-"

"Okay, Asher! I get it. But I want my own," I told him as I walked over to the mini fridge and pulled one out before supplying myself with a spoon.

"Where's the rest?" I asked, noticing that it was only us.

"They went to breakfast. I knew one of your friends would wake up around six so I left the bed at around 5:30 just so they didn't suspect things, especially if you didn't want them, too. Then I told them that they could go to breakfast and I'd stay here with you. I still wanted to sleep a bit, too," he told me, explaining.

"Oh," I said nodding. He had a reason to get up. And his reason was because he didn't want to annoy me. Well, he wouldn't be annoying me but everyone else would and I certainly did not want them getting the wrong idea.

"Yeah, sorry," he said, smiling sheepishly.

"No, it's fine. I get it," I told him as I waved my hand around in the air, dismissively. "Plus, I still slept like a baby," I said, smiling.

"Oh, is that so?" Asher asked with a smirk.

I lightly blushed as he stepped closer to me, wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me against his chest.

"I have to go get dressed," I told him as I dumped my finished yogurt in the trash and my spoon in the sink, before running off into my bedroom.

I grabbed a pair of white shorts, black sandals, and a cute, patterned tank top. I walked into the bathroom and pulled them on before brushing my hair out and fixing it up. I then placed a set of bangles on my wrist and put in hoop earrings to complete the look.

When I was finished, I stepped out of the bathroom and put my pajamas away, before grabbing my cell phone and my wristlet with money.

I stepped out of the room and headed towards the door.

"Bye," I told Asher.

"Wait," he said, quickly getting up from the couch where he had been watching TV. "Where you going?"

"You think I'm going to come to Malibu and not go to the candy store down the street? You're hilarious!" I told him as I walked out the door.

A few seconds later, I heard footsteps following me. I turned, not surprised to find Asher trying to keep up with me. When I want candy, I can walk really fast.

*****

"How can you eat those?" Asher asked as I shoved a sour cry baby into my mouth.

"You're such a wuss," I told him. "You're such a cry baby."