Chapter 29:Graduation

I sat in my chair, smiling proudly as my classmates' names were called in alphabetical order.

"Sara Abraham," the principal yelled into a microphone.

"Asher Anderson."

"Brittany Daniels."

"Ashley Gomez."

"Logan Johnson."

Those were the only names I caught. They were the only ones I really knew. Besides for Sara. Her name was first called, that's why I caught it. But as I sat there, my palm grew sweaty and I bit my lip as Logan began making her way down off the stage. Flashes went off as her family took pictures and she shook her hand with the principal, holding her diploma with the other.

After five more names, I was called.

"Riley Jones."

A cheer rang through the crowd. It came from my friends who were graduating as well, Eliza, Drew, my wonderful boyfriend, and some of the other student body.

I walked up onto the stage, making sure my tassel stayed out of my face.

I walked over to the principal swiftly in my heels as I shook his hand and grabbed my diploma. I held onto it and posed for a few pictures, flashes ringing throughout the crowd. I then stepped down off the platform.

Some ten minutes later, the principal finally announced, "And I'd like to present to you, our class of 2012!"

Everyone yelled as all the graduates stood up simultaneously, grabbing their graduation hats and flinging them in the air like they do in those cliche movies. But I didn't care. It was over. Now I was onto college.

"We're out this place, b*tches!" I yelled with a smile, causing many of my classmates to laugh.

I recieved a lot of hugs from people. Asher was the first because he made me promise that I'd be the first he hugged. Logan and Ashley were next. Then it was Tyler. After Brittany was released from her fan club, she came over to me running. We hugged and then she squealed.

"I can't believe it! Who would've thought I'd be hugging you on graduation day? Or any day for that matter?" she asked.

I laughed. "Who would've thought you'd be graduating with me?" I joked.

She threw her head back and laughed. When she looked back at me, her eyes went wide and she smiled.

"GABE!" she yelled as she released her hands from my shoulders.

I turned as I watched her run, in heels, and jump into his arms as he spun her around.

Sure enough, I had been right. Gabe was Brittany's brother. How I managed to have date her brother without knowing and not know all of that stuff that happened to him was unbelievable.

Gabe placed her down and then smiled at me, opening his arms wide for me as well.

I shook my head as I smiled and ran towards him, or tried to at least. Brittany made running in heels look so easy but for me, it wasn't.

I jumped into his arms as he kissed my forehead, spinning me around as well. I laughed as he placed me back on my feet.

He threw his arm over Brittany's shoulder, pulling her closer to him. I smiled at how cute they were.

"Hey, Riley!" yelled a voice.

I spun around to see none other than Jordan.

"What're you doing here?" I asked as she gave me a hug.

"Well, I begged my aunt Eliza to let me come and see you graduate. And I was going to call you rebel but it didn't fit the occasion plus, you don't seem like one anymore."