Chapter 17: Memories

• Dedicated to All my lovely readers<3

I woke up and my vision was immediately filled with white. I was thinking I had died and gone to heaven when I caught the top of chair in the corner of my eye.

I sat up in the bed as my head immediately became heavy, causing me to lay back down.

I heard soft murmurs from outside the room. I recognized the voice was Asher's.

"Yeah," he was saying. "I think she should stay with us a bit. Yeah. I'm not sure. The nurse should be back in a few and then I'll check. Yeah, okay got to go mom. Love you. Bye," he finished.

At the word 'mom' my heart cringed as I remembered everything. The phone call, running in the street, Asher saving me, him kissing me. From there, my mind went blank and I couldn't remember anything else that had happened.

I began crying. My mom was dead. I was now the only one in my family alive.

All the things I'd said to her like whatever, I don't care, stop bossing me around. All the fights we had gotten into. I suddenly felt guilty for wanting her to go away for the week on this dumb trip.

My crying turned into big hysteric sobs.

Soon, the door opened. I turned to look up at Asher.

"Oh, Riley, it's okay," he told me as he sat on the bed and wrapped his arms around me, allowing me to cry into his chest.

"No it's not," I told him.

He hushed me as he began stroking my hair. A minute later, he spoke up. "There are some people that want to see you," he told me as he got up and walked over to the door.

I suddenly felt cold, his arms not around me anymore.

"Only one at a time," I told him. He nodded in response.

"Wait!" I called to him.

Asher turned back to look at me.

"One at a time for them. I want you to stay with me through them all," I told him.

As he went outside to see all the people waiting to see me, I sighed and rested my head back, tired from crying.

I hated these hospitals. All they brought back were stupid memories. Seeing the one you loved die in front of you and not being able to help them. The worst part? Knowing it was your fault they were there.

My thoughts were interrupted when Asher walked in with a nurse. The nurse gave me an apologetic smile and it took me a little while to recognize her.

"Angela?" I asked.

She smiled at me and hugged me gently, as if I would break any second. Which I possibly could.

"I can't believe it," she told me. "You know," she started. "I told them to let you stay at my house because I know how much you hate this place."

I sighed. "It's not the place, it's just the memories," I told her.

"Well, I have something for you. I know you already cried and I don't want to make you but I know giving you this will make you want to cry again, " she told me, "I just wasn't sure if you still had any pictures."

She held a picture in her hand and handed it to me.

I flipped it over and gasped, tears already coming on.

"Thank you, Angela," I said hugging her.

I chuckled slightly. "God, I miss them so much," I cried.

"Remember this though," Angela told me. "They miss you too, but do go killing yourself," she said sternly.

I ducked my head. " I still can't get over the fact that it's my fault," I told her, my eyes welling up with tears again.