Chapter Eight

"Laestrom, table for two please." Alex said, to the hostess at the front. Her eyes widened.

"Hello!" She exclaimed, coming out as a squeak. "Is a booth in the back okay? I can prepare something private if you'd like!"

"No, no." I said. "I'd actually love to eat outside, if we could?" I asked her. Alex nodded at waitress. I smiled at him and linked my arm with his, standing up on my toes to give him a kiss on the cheek. Alex smiled down at me.

"Great, just, um, follow me out this way!" the hostess said, grabbing two menu's and leading the way out to the very public patio, right on the high end shopping street in the rich district of Asodoria, called Bellefonte. There were lots of people walking around, shopping and socializing. Two paparazzi were already waiting to take pictures of us. They started snapping away, one of the using a cell phone and talking on it. Alex pulled out the chair for me, sitting me so my left hand was facing the paparazzi.

"I'll send a waiter to come and take your orders in just a few minutes!" The hostess said, walking away quickly, probably to tell everyone in the kitchen we were here.

"Put your left hand up on your face, as if you were resting your chin in it, or something. Or possibly blocking your face from the paparazzi." Alex said.

"Is it going to be like forever?" I asked him, doing as he said with my hand.

"Not really. You will always be noticed around here, yes, but not like this. The paparazzi really don't bother us that much. They've just been really interested because we've started a relationship, and they want to be the ones to capture the picture of the engagement ring." Alex said. "Once the wedding is done, they will try to get pictures of our honeymoon, and by then they will be done bothering us."

"Until we have a baby." I said, sighing. "Then they will never leave us alone."

"You want children?" Alex asked.

"Of course! Don't you?" I asked.

"I do. I just thought..." he let his voice trail off.

"Hello! My names Christian and I will be your waiter this evening. May I start you off with something to drink?" He asked, smiling at us widely. It seemed genuine, not like the hostess who had been excited merely by our fame. Christian flipped his writing pad over a page and stood, waiting for us to answer.

"I'll take lemonade, please." I asked.

"And I will have an Allegrini, Amarone Classico, please." Alex said.

"No problem. Would you like the bottle, or just a glass?" Christian asked.

"Would you like wine, Sofia? Instead of lemonade?" Alex asked me.

"I'm not old enough." I whispered, blushing.

Alex cocked an eyebrow at me. "Just a glass, please."

"All right. Are you ready to order?"

"Not just yet. Give us a few more minutes please." Alex said.

"I'll be right back then." Christian said.

"Thank you Christian!" Alex said.

Christian left with a smile, and Alex turned to me. "Just how old are you?" Alex asked me.

"Sixteen." I replied, feeling like a child. Alex raised his eyebrow again. "Why? How old are you?"

"Nineteen." He replied.

"That's not that bad. Only three year's difference." I tried to point out.

"When is your birthday?" Alex asked.