Epilogue

Seven Years Later

"Make way for the bump, please!" I shouted as I opened the back door to my patio. Tatiana laughed and helped me into a cushioned lawn chair in the shade next to Alex. He leaned over and kissed me, the stubble on his face scratching my cheeks gently. Ever since he'd been named Prime Minister of Asodoria a little over five years ago, he'd gotten tiny wrinkles around his eyes and small dark bags under them. But they were slowly fading away now that I'd forced him to take one day off a week and bi-monthly vacation. Jonathon and Alex had made up and Jonathon was now working under Alex happily as one of his right hand men.

Tatiana and Caleb's first child was a boy, and they'd named him Kyle. Three years later, they had their second child, another boy, named Devin. Tatiana decided that she was done having children, but then not too long after that she got pregnant again – this time with a girl, named Raviva. This time she swears up and down she's done having babies but lately I've seen her eyeing my baby belly and I'm not too sure she's done.

Armando and Leah married three years after Alex and me and have yet to have a child – they're off traveling and learning life under different cultures. Currently they're in Greece learning how to cook – something that could take Armando years.

Now that Mr. Laestrom is officially retired from his position as Prime Minister, he and Mrs. Laestrom are enjoying a nice relaxing life in their house in Belmont. Mrs. Laestrom calls at least once a day to talk to her grandchildren and they come over every Thursday night for dinner.

Alex and I had our first child around the same time he was named official Prime Minister of Asodoria. We named our beautiful baby girl Rachael. Our second baby came a year and a half later, and we named him Liam. Two years after Liam was born, I got pregnant again with another boy – this one we named Jonas. And now, I'm pregnant again, but it's too early on for me to tell what this baby is going to bed. Alex is hoping for another girl, but I'm just happy to have a big family like I always wanted.

"Mommy," Rachael ran up to me, a wild look in her eyes that reminded me so much of myself. "Is it true that you and Daddy didn't love each other when you first met?!"

"Who told you that?" I asked, pulling her into my lap. She gracefully avoided my stomach and settles against me.

"Kyle did!" She exclaimed.

I glanced over at Tatiana, who was red in the face. "It was story time and I told them the story of how you guys met and fell in love." She explained.

I laughed, and so did Alex. I looked at Alex and smiled at him, and he smiled back. "Sweetie," I said, turning back to my daughter. "Mommy and Daddy have loved each other since they first set eyes on each other. They just had so much passion they thought it was hate. But Mommy and Daddy love each other very much and you don't have to worry about a thing, okay?"

"Okay," she replied, nodding. She slid off my lap and started to run off, but stopped and turned around and looked at us. "Did I tell you that there's a boy whose mommy works for you that I'm in love with?" she asked innocently. Then, she really did run off.

Tatiana started laughing and Alex and I exchanged a worried look.

"Oh come on, you're not worried about her dating the help when she's older are you?" Caleb asked.

"Not at all," Alex replied. "But she's six, she can't be in love yet! I'm not ready for that!" He cried.

We both looked at each other and laughed, ready to take on anything our children would hurl at us. He reached out and grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips, kissing it. "I love you," he told me.

"And I love you." I replied.