Chapter Fifteen

"I never want to see a pencil again in my life." I told Alex, climbing into his car. He'd been waiting for me to finish my College Placement Test outside Asodoria University. Even though I'd aced my way through high school in record time, and scored nearly perfect marks on my SAT, I hadn't taken my ACT because my school didn't offer nor require it to be taken. And AU operated by ACT only, leaving me to take a four hour test demonstrating my knowledge in math, langue, writing, and science.

"I'm sure you aced it." Alex said, slowly pulling away from the curb and leaving campus. He'd learned that I hated how fast and dangerous he drove, and was trying to work on finding a happy medium between us regarding his driving skills. Or lack thereof.

"I'm sure I did too." I replied confidently. Alex laughed. "There is no shame in knowing that I am incredibly smart." I told him, flicking on the radio.

It had been a few weeks since Tatiana's birthday party and me and Alex's make up, and things were almost back to normal. While Alex was finally allowed to sleep with me on the bed again, we'd stopped practically all physical contact except for light kisses here and there. Any time that we'd gotten heavier, I'd remember walking in on Alex with that blonde on top of him.

Mrs. Laestrom and I had been working pretty hard on booking people for the wedding. We'd booked a grand hotel ballroom ten minutes away from the Cathedral for our reception, booked a catering company to serve the food, picked the menu choices, hired a DJ, hired seven different photographers, and hired the florist. We'd picked out a bakery, rented photo booths for our guests, and booked the limo service to take Alex and me everywhere we needed to go. I'd found a beautiful five-star restaurant with a private room in the back that would let us rent the room for our rehearsal dinner. I booked a hair and makeup appointment with a stylist who had worked in the Royal Wedding. There wasn't a whole lot left to do, which would be great once Alex and I started school. There wouldn't be a lot of time left for wedding planning. Of course, Alex and I had decided we would complete the course of one year's worth of courses in a semester, so that meant we'd both be under a lot of stress until January. Once January rolled around, Alex and I wouldn't go to school anymore, and we could concentrate on being married for our first few months. Then we'd go back to school, and Alex would graduate early, and take on the job of becoming Asodoria's Prime Minister.

The only thing left for Alex and I to plan together was find a destination for our honeymoon, and find a hotel that was willing to either shut down the villa for a week, or bump up security to ensure no one got into our room or managed to take pictures of us while we were on our vacation.

Mrs. Laestrom, my aunt, Tatiana and I would be going wedding dress shopping soon, along with searching for bridesmaids dresses. I'd decided I was going to have four bridesmaids, Tatiana being my maid of honor, and three girls from home that I'd spent a majority of my time at school with. Mrs. Laestrom and I still needed to finalize our guest list and send out invitations to the wedding. Once that was done, we would plan for things like our Engagement Ball, and my bridal party.

As Alex drove, I closed my eyes and visualized the guest list sitting on the kitchen table at home. I sighed, knowing full well I wouldn't get a break at home, with Mrs. Laestrom freaking out about tiny things. She cried last night because I told her I didn't know if I would be having a bachelorette party, and had a nervous breakdown when I informed her that I still wasn't sure where the honeymoon was happening.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked me, placing a hand on my knee.

"I don't want to go home." I told him.

A cloudy look swept across his face. "I can drop you off at Tatiana's, if you want?" He offered, sounding depressed.

"I didn't mean it like that!" I told him, shaking my head. "I'm just stressed about wedding stuff. Like, where we're going on our honeymoon, when my bridal shower will be, if the napkins are going to be 100%cotton, or 100% Egyptian cotton."