Chapter Thirteen

I managed to keep myself calm as I went down to the lobby. I booked another room, the most expensive one they had open. I calmly informed them that there were parasites in the room next to mine and went up the elevators to floor number thirteen, where my room was. I opened the door and closed it before I broke down crying.

It wasn't even crying. It was sobbing. The kind that catches in your throat and comes out louder than you can control. The kind you hear from outside a hotel room, and you wonder just what put that person in enough heartbreak to lean against the door and sob for two and a half hours. Once I was finished being heartbroken and thinking about how I didn't just like Alex, I thought I loved him – I got mad. He kept trying to call me and had sent me over 100 texts. I finally picked up my phone and called him back.

"Look, please let me explain."

"Screw you." I replied.

"Sofia, it's not what you think."

"Screw you," I repeated again.

"Are you going to let me explain?" He asked.

"SCREW YOU." I said.

"You're being very immature right now."

"How dare you say that to me?" I asked him. "I just saw you with another woman on top of you! You should be begging for me to stay with you and buying me roses and crap, but instead you're calling me immature?!" I seethed. "You're lucky I'm even calling you back!"

Alex stayed silent.

"I didn't call you to listen to you. I don't give a damn why you were with her. I just wanted to call and let you know that everything we had is over. We can still get married because frankly, I love your mom and couldn't do that to her. And I wouldn't do what our parents did to my children. Not that they're going to exist anymore because there is no way that I plan on ever making babies with you." I said. "We can act like the perfect couple in front of the tabloids and your parents, but just know that every second I'm with you Alexzander Laestrom, I will hate you for the rest of our lives together. And if there is any way to get myself out of this horrid marriage contract with a despicable, lying cheater like you, I will do it in a heartbeat."

He was crying now. I could hear him sobbing on the other line.

"You deserve this." I choked out, starting to cry myself. I sure hoped iPhones could handle tears. "You deserve this and so much more. What were you thinking?" I whispered.

"I was drunk, Sofie, I-"

"Don't! Do not give me that bullshit excuse!" I exploded. "You hardly even drank more than I did! And I didn't have sex with some random Russian!"

"I didn't have sex with her," Alex protested miserably.

"You kissed her Alex. Cheating is cheating."

"I had no idea what I was doing!"

"STOP LYING TO ME!" I screamed at him.

The other end of the line was quiet for a few minutes.

"I am not lying to you. I drank a lot tonight. My father and I went to the bar at the restaurant earlier, when you and my mom were talking wedding logistics. He ordered three shots for us each of Everclear. Sofie, that's the strongest alcohol I've ever taken. One shot got me messed up bad before at a party."

"Don't call me Sofie. I am Sofia to you." I demanded.

Alex sighed. "My father just wanted me to drink with him," he said. "I know I didn't tell you and I should have. I've been really drunk since dinner started."