Chapter Eleven

"I think you were right when you said you should get a job." Alexzander said one day. We were sitting in the library again, silently reading.

"Why?" I asked him. "I thought you were anti-work for women." I teased.

Alex shot me a warning look. "Well, obviously you're bored." He said. He was referring to the fact that I had painted each of my nails, (toes included) a different shade, and style. There were water marbled nails, French nails, newspaper print nails, polka dotted nails, striped nails, and more. "You have no one in Asodoria except for me and my parents. And I don't blame you if you want a break." He teased.

"Hey, I like you. And your parents!" I defended.

"And I'm going to have to start studying more with my father to observe my future jobs. You need a summer job to distract you and take you away from the mansion. Before I know it, you'll have watched every single movie we have, read every book, and probably will be swimming in the shark tank!" He said, gesturing towards the aquarium room.

"I would never swim with the sharks." I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"But you really did have a good idea when you said you needed a job."

"And I'll have money to spend!" I cheered.

Alex narrowed his eyes. "I have more than enough money to supply you with for a lifetime." He said, clearing his throat. I could immediately tell I'd offended him.

"Alex," I said, setting my book down and crawling into his lap. "That's not what I meant." I reassured him. I circled my arms around his neck and buried my face into the crook between his shoulder and neck. "I meant that for the first time ever, I wouldn't be spending anyone else's money. I'd be spending money I earned myself. That's a cool thing for me."

Alex sighed, and I felt him soften under my touch. He set his book down and circled his arms around me, hugging me tightly. "Okay." He replied. "But just know that I can support you financially forever."

I chuckled a little bit. "I know." I whispered.

Alex shivered. "Don't do that," he groaned, shifting me around.

"What?" I asked him.

"Your breath, it's tickling me on my neck."

I blew cold air softly onto his neck.

"Sofia!" He cried out. "Do you even know what you're doing to me?" He asked, shifting around again.

I giggled. "Yes."

He pushed me off him gently and shook his head. "You little vixen." He teased.

 "So, what kind of job do you think I should apply for?" I asked him.

He scoffed. "You pick where you want to work, and I'll make it happen. They can't say no to a Laestrom. Ten thousand bucks says I own them."

I rolled my eyes. "Someone's cocky!" I teased.

"Seriously, Sofia, where do you want to work?" He asked me.

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe somewhere that has to do with animals, like an animal hospital, or maybe even a store!"

Alex grimaced. "Why in the world would anyone want to work retail?" He sighed. "I'll put in a call at one of our animal shelters and see if they can hire you."

"Thank you Alex." I said, smiling at him. I moved closer to him.

"Get away, vixen!" He shouted, making a cross with his fingers.

"That only helps with vampires!" I said, rushing over to him and sitting in his lap again. I grabbed the sides of his face and held him straight, looking at him in the eyes. "Kiss me," I told him.