Chapter 21: Beast

Tied up and abandoned, Felicia and Nero were bound together in chairs down in the warehouse basement. Felicia fiddled with the rope as she angrily stomped her heel on the concrete.

"Ugh! we need to get out of here, I heard that Michael was upstairs." Felicia relaxed as her wrists were getting raw from the rope.

"How do you know?" Nero shuffled in his seat.

"The goons are talking about it outside, they got Regina too." Felicia's tone dropped.

"Well we can't leave the basement with the door being guarded both from the inside and out, you got any ideas?"

"Ah! I just remembered I still have my pocket knife." Felicia's eyes lit up.

"We've been here two hours and you're just now realized you got a blade on you? Felicia, I think you're lost sometimes." Nero sighed.

"I should leave you here just for saying that." Felicia retorted with a small kick to Nero's ankle.

"Whatever girl just hurry up before we lose our friends."

Felicia grasped her pocket knife from her garter belt and started to cut through her binds, she cut herself several times until she finally broke through the rope, she then cut the rope from her feet and did the same for Nero. 

Finally free the two looked around the basement for some efficient weapons and other items they could use to escape. Felicia jumped when she heard an ear-piercing scream from upstairs, she could easily tell that it was Michael's voice. The two hasten their search and found blunt objects, a few switchblades, and a cigarette lighter and hair sheen. 

Meanwhile upstairs Michael screamed in agony and anger as his brown eyes illuminated in hate towards his enemy. He lifted himself up and stood before the boss and his lieutenants who stepped in front of him. Michael seemed possessed as he walked towards the men with a deranged and ghostly look upon his face. 

He revealed the opening of his coat showing a small pistol, he took it out and emptied the bullets, as he raised his arm up seemingly to drop the gun, he faked them out as he swung his arm while holding the gun across the two lieutenants. 

One lieutenant gripped Michael's arm, in turn, he was punched in the mouth with blood spewing out and also a few teeth. Welsh pushed Michael away until he almost tripped over Regina, he spun around launched Welsh into the table, Michael bent down and stroked Regina's cheek before going over and brutally beating Welsh to a bloody pulp. 

Felicia and Nero busted through the basement door using a small statue they found, Felicia blinding the gangster guarding the door with the hair sheen and the two went on upstairs. They ran into several gangsters at every turn, they took the guns away from fallen gangsters and used them as their own.

"They must be in the main room." Felicia called out as she and Nero ran through the hallway. Incoming gunshots ranged from behind and outside of the warehouse as dozens of gangsters rushed inside after they were informed of Felicia and Nero's escape. 

Felicia and Nero ran throughout the warehouse and battled through numerous gangsters, instead of using firepower on some, they got practical and locked in some of the gangsters in several rooms. The others however were either wounded or killed during the ambush, the two finally made it to the main room but it was locked on the outside.

"Damn it's locked!" Felicia exclaimed as she banged on the door.

"Relax I got this." Nero calmed as he took out a few rusty hairpins and started to pick the locks.

"Michael, we're here don't worry, we're going to help you!" Felicia shouted.

"Quiet girl! you might alert the other gangsters." Nero hushed.

"I thought that was the gangsters, we got more now?"

Inside the main room, Michael drifted out of his nightmarish trance when Mr. Big sneaked behind him and knocked him to the ground.

"Nice, very nice but it's nothing I have in store for you Smooth." Mr. Big taunted as he walked around him.

"Your friends can't help you now." Mr. Big said gravely.