Chapter 18: Ambushed

Amongst the dancing and the hypnotizing waves of emotion and passion flowing throughout the club everyone seemed to be under Michael's spell, the puppetry worked Regina thought to herself as she twirled amongst the other patrons alongside Felicia and Nero as they too were leading the crowd by each step, twist, and turn as they were in full effect. The patrons expressed their emotions through interpreted dance, several danced as they played pool, they danced on top of the tables, up and down the stairway, and all throughout the club.

"This is the place they ran off to boss." a gruff voice informed his employer.

"Well then, shut it down." the boss replied.

The sound of footsteps filled the road as rows and rows of men armed with machine guns surrounded the nightclub, silhouettes of the men appeared in the top windows as the men marched in place and then stood at attention. Felicia sashayed across the floor and grabbed Regina and Nero, she then pulled them to the side and informed them of what she saw.

"What's wrong?" Nero asked.

"Look up, it looks like this place is about to be shot down." Felicia replied looking at the windows.

"We've got to move." Regina said as she turned on heels and twirled into Michael's arms, Michael could sense that something was wrong with the solemn expression on her face.

"What's wrong dear?" Michael asked.

"Not to be a downer, but forecasts state that it'll be raining bullets tonight," Regina replied motioning her head upwards.

As Michael looked up he saw the rows of men move into formation they aimed their guns at the club ready to fire, a young Asian woman who appeared to be the club owner ran up to Michael with a large machine gun as she too noticed the silhouettes. Michael thanked her as the club owner along with Regina tried to get the other patrons to safety.

"Alright, I want everyone to clear the area right now!" The boss shouted in the megaphone.

"Ready, aim, fire!" The lieutenant shouted to the men.

"Glass and bullets rained down on the patrons as they scrambled to safety, Michael held up the machine gun in a rage and started shooting above hitting the majority of the men outside while Felicia, Regina, and Nero helped the patrons escape and provided a cover for them. One gangster approached the trio and handed them a box of weapons, the box has several handguns and blades that they could use, quickly the trio grabbed what they needed. As Michael shot down the barrage of men, the club owner grabbed him and motioned him to the door, the trio followed and escaped outside the back way, once the club owner closed the door she leaned back and fanned herself as the remaining bullets shells fell on the ground of her ambushed nightclub. 

The quartet ran through the alley trying to find a place of refuge, but they were soon interrupted as the sounds of vehicles pulled up paired with the sound of rival footsteps heading towards them.

"Split up that way they can't catch us all." Nero shouted as he sped past the group and made a sharp right.

"See you guys on the other side." Felicia said falling back and running into another alley.

"Regina grabbed Michael's hand as the two of them ran together down the street, they occasionally glanced at each other as their grip tightened, they didn't want to let go but they had to if they were going to be able to make it, Michael stopped in his tracks pulling Regina close to him, he lifted her face and gave her a kiss before parting.

"See you on the other side?" Michael asked.

"Of course." Regina replied still holding his hand.

Michael squeezed her hand one last time before he ran off finding a place to hide, Regina looked back at the smooth criminal once more before she ran off in the other direction.