Chapter 9: Shady Purchase

The next morning Regina woke up and went to go take a shower, she then got dressed in a burnt orange jacket, a black tee, dark jeans, and low black/floral print heels. Regina quickly made Harry and Michael breakfast and wrote a note as she left for work, she thought about Michael's situation and wanted to know more about Mr. Big. 

At Manhattan Night Records Regina worked as a promotional arts editor and album designer, she spent the day working on several album covers and designed posters and other promotional material for singers and entertainers.

While working on her computer Regina shifted her eyes to make sure that no one was around as she searched up information on Mr. Big, the results were nonetheless but antagonistic as she looked up under his backstory.

"Costello Emery or infamously known as Mr. Big is an American gangster that specializes in drug-trafficking throughout the United States and parts of South America. Costello was powerful drug lord that resided in different parts of New York, mainly in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and all across the east coast where he has had multiple kingpins that were later burned down and destroyed by law enforcement and rival drug dealers." Regina read.

Regina jumped as she heard a knock on the door, she quickly exited out of the website and opened the door, her co-worker Angie was accompanied by two men dressed in black pinstripe suits and fedoras. Angie left the two men in Regina's office as she waited outside of the door.

"Can I help you, gentlemen?" Regina asked sitting down at her desk.

"Yes, I think you can help us a lot." Said the man in the tinted shades.

"Look, Miss, we need a poster for a private party coming up during this week, we don't want the posters to be too flashy but reserved and discreet." The second man added.

"So you want something like this?" Regina replied showing them a pre-made draft on her computer screen.

"That's perfect, but could you add something?" the man with the shades asked.

"What do you want me to add?" Regina replied.

"Warehouse meeting at 7:30 promptly." The second gentleman replied.

"Is this good?" Regina replied showing the men the finished product.

"Perfect, can you make ten copies please?" The man asked.

"Sure." Regina replied as she printed out the posters and handed them to the man who paid her $300 in cash.

"Sir, posters don't really cost that much here. Regina looks down at the cash deposit.

"Just consider that as a friendly gesture Miss, thank you for the posters we'll be on our way." The men got up and left her office. Regina leaned out of her door and watched the two men walk away, she slowly crept out of her office and walked three feet behind them, once they turned the corner to wait for the elevator, she listened in on their conversation.

"You think this is going to work?" The man with the tinted shades asked.

"It has too, Mr. Big is a person of great interest you can't pass up if you want to be big in the drug scene." The taller man replied.

"All I know is that I better get something out of this or I'm going back solo." The man with the shades replied.

Regina walked back silently to her office and locked herself inside, she walked over to her computer and continued to read up on Mr. Big. She picked up her phone and called her apartment, a few moments later Harry answered the phone.

"Hello."

"Hello, Harry this is Regina. I just wanted to let you know that I have some important information on our subject. I'll tell you and Michael about it, once I get off work."

"Okay that's great, see you later." Harry hung up.

For the remainder of the workday, Regina switched between working on projects for her clients and the company and reading up on Mr.Big's history and his associates. When it was time for her to go, she was high off adrenaline as she rushed home to tell Michael and Harry the news.