Trigger warning: Child marriage, implied abuse, graphic murder, implied sexual harassment, and more murder

Four years ago

"(Y/n)!" My Husband, and the now king of (k/n) yelled at me.

"Yes, dear?" I said as I scurried over to him.

Well, as fast as my pregnancy allowed me to. I was only fifteen, but 9 months pregnant and due at day.  "Find Maudie. I spilled my wine and I need someone to clean it." He commanded.

"Yes dear."

I had married Henry out of duty as the future queen of (k/n), not out of love. Every year, there is a tournament where eligible suitors for a royal bachelorette who is over the age of fourteen compete in games and challenges to win her affections. If there is no bachelorette, the prize is money. Obviously, Henry had won the tournament the year I was to be wed off.

I hadn't trusted him at all, since the moment I laid eyes on my suitor. Not one bit. However, it was my duty to marry him, and I am an only child, so there was no way around it.

Later that night

I was sound asleep when I was woken up to shouting and screaming from down the hall. I sat up in bed to see Henry gone. I forced myself up and out of bed, and suddenly my bedroom door slammed open. It was my head maid, and mother figure, Maudie. My mother and I weren't close as I grew up and Maudie had practically raised me.

"Child, you must come with me!" She whisper yelled as she grabbed my hand and pulled me down the halls, away from the shouting.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Henry is a traitor. He organized an attack... your family... he's leading an (e/c) invasion..."

I gasped and started to cry as she led me out of the castle though the servants quarters. I saw (h/n) ready with a saddle, waiting for me.

She lead me towards him, but there was a sharp pain in my stomach, causing me to duffle over and scream.  "I can't..." I cried.

She grabbed my hand again, and tried to support me as I shuffled over to her hut.

I looked back, to see soldiers and servants fleeing and running around the castle grounds. Henry held up my fathers head, and the crowd of (e/c) soldiers cheered. A soldier whispered something into his ear, and he scowled.

"Find (Y/n), and kill her!"

The soldiers nodded and dispersed.

"Shh..." she advised as she led me into her house.
~~~~~
You'd be surprised at how hard it is to not scream when you're in labor.

She had taken a belt, and put it in my mouth to bite down on, to make not screaming easier.

Three hours is apparently a "quick labor."

"Wait here while I fetch your horse." She commanded as she scurried out of the house. I cradled my new daughter, who I hadn't named yet.

Then she began to sniffle. "Shh, it's alright dear... I'm here.."

She began to cry. I frantically tired to calm her, but my efforts were in vain.

"Is that a baby crying?" I heard a soldier say to his comrade. Within seconds, they had busted down Maudie's door.