Chapter 1

Chapter 1

**Hermione's POV**

I looked at the scarlet steam train and smiled. Harry was on my left and Ron was talking to Dean Thomas far in the distance. As Ginny walked passed, she smiled awkwardly at Harry. During the holidays, they had broken up. It had happened to be the day in which we received our head student notices. I felt bad to say this but it was rather amusing. Whilst arguing, Ginny had launched her potions book across the room and hit Harry squarely in the forehead. Without noticing, I let out a small giggle.

Harry looked at me, frowning but smiling, 'you are laughing at my failed relationship aren't you!'

'No, of course not!' I lied, but couldn't help it and began to full out laugh, 'Okay, maybe I was....'

Harry playfully hit me on the arm. The steam erupting from the Hogwarts Express made the surrounding area flaming hot. I tied my hoodie around my waist as harry took his jacket off, so he was just in a light blue t-shirt.

'C'mon! Let's get on the train before everyone starts piling in, and stop laughing at me!' Harry said, with a slight chuckle at the end. I went to grab my trunk but he had beaten me to it. In his left, he was carrying his trunk and in his right, mine. It was lucky neither of us had pets anymore. Well, Crookshanks was in Australia with my parents. I had found them but told them to stay so they could settle things like the house.

Once in the compartment, I took my trunk from Harry. His was in the overhead carrier in seconds. I heaved mine up, to make sure it didn't fall down or slide, I decided to tie the straps to keep it in place. Obviously, I wasn't tall enough, so I used the seat as a step.

**Harry's POV**

I watched as Hermione teetered on the edge. It was making me rather anxious to be truthful.

'Hermione, let me do it, it's not going to end well.' I stated but she insisted on doing it all on her own. Her left foot slipped but she managed to regain control, which caused me to let out a rather large sigh of relief. Then it happened. The train lurched forward ready for the journey. Hermione fell. Time seemed to slow. I launched from my seated position, my arms outstretched. I felt her body fall into my arms. I smiled, ecstatic that I caught her and did not let her fall to a painful injury. Our breathing was fast and I looked into her eyes.

'Thanks...' She whispered so only I could hear. The cabin door slid open, and there stood Ron.

'I'm not interrupting anything, am I? I really hope not.' Ron said, with authority and slight disdain.

'No, um, no.' I stuttered greatly. I placed Hermione firmly on her feet.

'I fell. That's all. Harry caught me; I'd be in serious pain if not.' Hermione walked towards Ron and put a hand on his arm for reassurance. Ever since that day in the wood, he had been touchy about us being together. We were only friends, right?

The train Journey seemed to go much quicker than usual. As soon as we stepped of the train, Professor McGonagall came running towards Hermione and I.

'Potter, Granger, You will not be situated in the Gryffindor tower this year, there isn't enough room. Follow me to you new home.' McGonagall smiled widely. Hermione and I barely got the chance to say goodbye to the rest before we rushing off to our new dormitory. We went higher and higher. Eventually we reached the seventh floor corridor.

'At least we'll be on the same floor as everyone.' Hermione said hopefully.

'Not exactly Miss Granger. Right through here.' We passed through a tapestry-covered walkway. We felt like we walking for an extremely short time. Hermione stopped sharply behind Professor without warning. I crashed into the back of her, as I was not paying too much attention. A large wooden door lay waiting at the end of the passage.

'The password is 'Screaming Mandrakes'' As McGonagall said the password, the door seemed to smile back at her and then swing open. Stepping into the room Harry was in awe. One wall was lined with books. A large open fire sat burning in the far left corner. A large squashy sofa sat proudly in the middle surrounded my two armchairs. The walls were a dusty red, with gold trimmings, Gryffindor colours. It wasn't too dissimilar to the Gryffindor common room we were used to. It was brilliant.

'Your room are through those doors. You can probably distinguish which is which and your bathroom in between your bedrooms. Enjoy, I'll leave you to unpack.' With that, McGonagall had left. Hermione rushed forward and opened one of the doors, the one on the left.

'I believe this is yours Harry!' She said and turned to her room.

I walked forward. It was great. A dark wooden king four-poster bed sat in the middle. The main colours being red, black and gold. A wardrobe in the corner and leaning on that was my fire-bolt and my trunk on top of the bed. I loved it.

**Hermione's POV**

Harry seemed happy with his bedroom. Mine was the same; however, the colours were white and red. Many bookshelves lined the walls too; it was truly amazing to have your own room. There was another door on the opposite side of the room. I gave it a slight shove and it slammed into something rather hard.

'OW!' I heard as I rushed inside. I had hit Harry hard. He sat holding his head, leaning his back against the bath.

'Harry! I'm sorry!' I moved his hand so I could see the damage. There was a small cut just above his eyebrow and under his scar. I rushed to the sink, grabbed a flannel from the cupboard above and drowned it. I slip slightly on the water as I had made a bit of a mess. I held it to his head; he winced at the coldness but looked at me with complete composure. Harry leaned in, close. What was I doing? I was dating Ron but Harry he looked so... so tempting.

I could feel Harry's hot breath on my lips, 'Dinner will be ready...' I stuttered.