Chapter 5

Chapter 5

**Harry's POV**

I quickened my pace. I could see Hermione in the distance. By the light of the party, I could see her smile. Yet again I sped up, almost stumbling over m own two feet. As soon as I reached her, I put my hands around her waist and kissed her. She pressed her tongue against my lips, I opened my mouth slightly allowing her tongue to explore my mouth. As we drew back, she hugged me and I lifted her from the floor and spun her around in a circle. Hermione took my hand in hers and instead of taking me back to the noise and crowd which was the party, she went around the quidditch pitch and straight back to the castle.

We were just outside the Entrance hall when Hermione stopped and kissed me again, her lips were warm and inviting. I was honestly surprised at how open Hermione was with the situation. When actually entering the Entrance Hall we ran into a very familiar face - Professor Mcgonagall.

'Leaving the party so soon? Potter? Granger?'

'Uh yeah.' I said trying hard to think of an excuse, I couldn't exactly say Hermione and I were cheating and sneaking around my best friends back, could I?

'Well, Professor, Harry and I have quite a lot of homework, so we just thought turn in early and get on it quickly in the morning, then relax in the afternoon. Also we have our Head student duties too.'

'Your head duties have been done by two sixth years. Oh and Potter Quidditch tomorrow at eight. Hope that does not disrupt your studying. Go on and get some sleep then you too.' Mcgonagall replied, stepped around Hermione and I and quickly went on her way. We looked towards each other and couldn't help but chuckle slightly. This time it was I who held my hand out for Hermione. We ran through the corridors. Once or twice we had to stop, changing our course to avoid Peeves, Filch or any straggling students.

We had only just got the secret alley on the seventh floor when I slammed Hermione into the wall, still kissing. She tugged at my shirt and pulled it off whilst I unlocked the clasp to her dress. Just as we were about to enter our common room a swear I saw a flick of ginger hair. Maybe it was imaginary, a guilt thing, guilt of Ron or Ginny.

'Did you just see...'

'See what Harry?' Hermione questioned looking down the passage way.

'Nothing, doesn't matter.' I quickly turned back to Hermione and began to kiss her again. I only just was able to mutter the password in the short time we broke from kissing each other. Hermione and kissed our way to my bedroom, leaving the occasional item of clothing on the way. I walked backwards towards my bed, Hermione and I still locking lips. I fell onto the bed with her on top. We chuckled slightly and the continued to enjoy our night of bliss.

**Hermione's POV**

I woke sharply and sat up rather quickly making my head spin slightly. Once I had gained composure I looked to my left to see Harry fast asleep next to me. This isn't me. This isn't what I do. What happened to the girl who spent most of her life in the library studying for examinations which were months away? Or the girl who was so loyal she left her parents with no memory of herself? I didn't sleep with random people. Well Harry wasn't exactly a random person but he still was Ron's best friend. I lifted the blanket off of myself and collected my clothing from the floor, putting essential items of clothing back on in the process. As I was about to leave the room, I heard Harry stir.

'Where you going?' He asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes to wake himself up, then collecting his glasses from the bedside table.

'Oh, no where... Look Harry-'

'Let me guess, last night was a mistake, I feel terrible but i'd still like to be just friends, blah, blah, blah.'

I looked at him and scowled, he was right, partially. 'Well yes. Last night was a mistake.' I began, Harry looked incredibly disheartened, 'But, there is a but, you were wrong, at first I did feel terrible and no I would not like to be "just" friends. Harry I like you. I really do. But I feel awfully guilty, just imagine what Ron will say. Or maybe even Ginny.'

'Well we can feel guilty together because I feel the most guilty. I'll talk to Ron. He is my best friend and well I'd feel even worse if I didn't do this myself. What time is it? I could talk to him soon.'

'Its seven fifty. Harry didn't Mcgonagall mention something about Quidditch?'

The look of pure horror swept across Harry's face. He ran past me, I hardly noticed as his speed was incredibly high. I heard the shower flick on and off in under two minutes; after seconds he was out of the bathroom and fully clothed. Then I watched as Harry flung open his cupboard, a wrestled to get his broom out. Soon enough I watched the scruffy black hair sweep out of our common room and into the seventh floor. 

'G'bye!' Harry yelled over his shoulder. I wrapped myself in a blanket went to the door and smiled and waved. He stopped sharply at the end of the corridor, turned and ran full speed back down the corridor. I took a quick step back as honestly I thought he was not going to stop and run head long into my body. But he didn't he paused in front of me, kissed me on the cheek and continued his fast journey down to the Quidditch Pitch for Gryffindor training. I wondered whom the Captain might be. I couldn't help looking down across towards the Quidditch pitch from the only window in our common room; soon I saw a dark haired boy in crimson Quidditch robes running down. I chuckled.