Chapter 9

**Harry's POV**

I said good bye to Hagrid, Mcgonagall and the rest of the teachers and bid them a good Christmas. Sooner than I thought, the trolley was coming through the train corridor signifying the middle of the journey. I looked up at Hermione and nodded she knew what I meant. We needed to break the news to Ron that neither of us were spending Christmas at the burrow.

'Er Ron, mate, buddy-'

'Spit it out Hermione,' he said over the top of the Quibbler. I found it almost funny his new found interest in Luna - weirdly they worked. I liked it.

'Well Harry and I, well we thought, um, well-'

'What Hermione is trying to say,' I interjected, 'is we're not coming to the burrow this Christmas, sorry...'

'I haven't felt like I had a proper Christmas with my parents for a long time and Harry and Ginny wouldn't be a good situation exactly, so I just thought we'd sit this one out. You're welcome to come over for Boxing Day. If you'd like, of course.'

'Guys honestly relax, I was about to ask whether you guys were coming or not. Harry I definitely wouldn't if I knew my crazy ex-girlfriend was there!'

'Hmm, like Lavender!' Hermione said, and we all began to laugh and giggle for the rest of the journey. It was fun and it felt again normal. When exiting the train, we all felt slightly strange this'll be one of the first christmas's when we haven't seen each other. We said our goodbyes to Ron and said we'd definitely have to swap Christmas stories when we got back to Hogwarts in the new year. I could see Hermione's parents off in the distance as she swung her head from left to right trying to find them. I cleared my throat and pointed; she followed her eyes along my arm and smiled.

"Oh Hermione when did they get back form down under?"

"A month ago. I forget to tell you guys. I mean us and Ron were awkward at the time so I just forgot." She smiled widely and ran forward to her parents; I strolled behind. Mr granger held out his hand and I shook it in return. Mrs granger smiled at me, strangely.

"Who am I kidding, you protected my Hermione!" With that she smiled and hugged me tightly. I chuckled before hugging back. Hermione sighed and shook her head in embarrassment.

**Hermione's POV**

Harry seemed rather shocked towards my parents reaction. Even I was expecting them to be annoyed that Harry had led me into danger. I couldn't help but rolling my eyes.

Soon, we were sitting in my dads SUV. I could hear the trunks rustling about in the boot. I found it quite strange, my parents were asking Harry questions which I could answer immediately but I forgot I had basically lived with Harry for most of my life now. Harry seemed in awe when he saw my house. It wasn't special, just a small semi detached house. Then again if you looked and the ceiling of a cupboard half your life it would seem great or maybe he likes it just because it was normal.

We were soon eating around the table, harry and I telling stories of our adventures. It was amazing. Once, when he was telling one, I could do nothing but smile at him. He was wonderful, full of adventure and brilliant.

**Harry's POV**

I loved Hermione's parents; they were lovely people who where so kind and nurturing towards me. Something I never had the chance to have. Before retreating to their bedroom, they told Hermione and me that a camp bed was setup in Hermione's room ready to go.

"Or maybe you could transfigure it into a big comfy bed!" I heard Mr Granger say as he disappeared up the stairs and out of sight. Hermione decided we'd watch every movie I hand't seen that was crucial to see, starting with 'About Time'. When the credits of 'Psycho' came one, I looked down at Hermione.Her eyes were closed shut and her head was on my chest. Her breath was smooth and quiet. I smiled, kissed the top of her head and joined her in sleep.

I woke up smiling and looked across the bed towards Ginny. Maybe it was time to admit I was in love with Hermione...