Chapter 7

Chapter 7

**Harry's POV**

'Foribus loquitur.' Said Hermione as we sat on the sofa trying to figure out where we went wrong. It cut through the silence in a random fashion.

'What?' I questioned, was this making Hermione slowly spiral into insanity.

'It's an old spell. You can turn a normal door into a talking, moving one. The door to our common room is one, did you not see it smile the first time we arrived?'

'No, no. He said he saw us. He wasn't told and anyway when and why would Ron every talk to a door.' Then it ticked. I knew exactly what happened. I wasn't imagining, I didn't feel guilty. Ron had seen us enter our common room that night.

'He did see us Hermione. Why did I not remember before...'

'What do you mean Harry you're making no sense.'

'The night we- well you know. I saw something. I was convinced it was imagination, guilt. Obviously it wasn't. I'm such an idiot. How could I do this?'

I buried my head in my hands. Hermione placed her hand on my shoulder.

'Harry this on both of us, I-'

'No it's on me.' I said, 'Hermione we never told you but the night we got Ron back whilst going after Voldemort something else happened. When we destroyed the hocurux something came out of it, a vision, magic thing. And this thing was us. It was meant to convey Ron's worst nightmare and I told him it was never and mean never going to happen. I promised him that.'

'Oh Harry...'

A day, then a month and still no word from Ron or Ginny. Hermione and I could hardly walk from one end of the corridor to the next without a strange look or whispers. The three of us were basically famous after the battle, I wasn't surprised, Hermione was slightly though. She hadn't had anything like this apart from in our fourth year when Rita Skeeter wrote the article about how Hermione, Krum and I were in a love triangle. Many times I approached Ron to to speak to him, anything to become friends again. I had frequently seen Hermione's attempts to talk to Ginny, none of them had worked though.

**Hermione's POV**

Harry was absentmindedly shutting me out. He had done this before, many times in the past. Usually Ron could get him to open up with a joke or something. I miss that: the three of us laughing, living in the moment not caring about the world waiting.

Then it struck me. Something so simple and we hadn't thought of it. I rushed up to the owlery. An idea that may have been able to fix what was going on had just sprung to mind. I lent against the wall and began to write. Once I had finished automatically I looked for Hedwig. I was saddened slightly when I remembered. Harry loved that bird so much. Finally I picked one of the grey school owls and sent him off to Ron to deliver the message. I watched as the small owl fluttered away into the clouds beyond. I then saw it make a sharp left turn towards Gryffindor tower. I chuckled; owls were not the smartest creatures! I returned to are common room were Harry was sitting on the sofa. He got up and went to leave when he noticed my presence.

'Harry James Potter stay exactly where you are.' I called and he immediately stopped and spun back around to face me. He raised his eyebrow in inquiry.

'Thank you. Well you have been avoiding me and- Don't protest you have. Well, I sent a message to Ron asking him to talk to us at Hogsmeade tomorrow, so we can all have one civil conversation. Without yelling or walking away that is! Are you alright with that?' Harry went to answer but once he had open his mouth, he closed it again and just nodded. I sighed and walked over towards him. He hugged me tightly.

'Sorry, 'mione. I just- I-'

'You want him back.'

'Yeah...' He said, in that moment I could see the weight on his shoulders get heavier.

**Harry's POV**

The rest of the day passed in a blur. Soon enough we were waiting in the Three Broomsticks at a table tucked away in the back. Three Butterbeers stood sweating before Hermione and I. All of a sudden I heard the three talking head laugh as someone entered. Ron had arrived. Everything slowed, time seemed to stop. I looked upon the face I knew and loved as a brother which hated me. I grabbed Hermione's hand so tightly she let out a squeal.

'Sorry,' I muttered as Ron approached the table. He seemed positively displeased at the sight of me. He sat down, smiled sarcastically and looked around the room. I couldn't bring myself to look at him. Guilt seemed to gnaw at my insides, slowly killing me.

'Ron,' I heard my mouth say. It was small quiet and mouse like. Ron turned to look at me. This time it was reversed, time sped up. Everything happened so quickly, my brain didn't completely comprehend. Blood gushed from my nose; I could taste metal on my lips. Ron had taken a swing and punched me squarely in the face. I heard Hermione gasp and saw her cover her mouth.

'Okay, okay. I deserved that...'

Hermione reached for her wand and cast a non-verbal spell. If i had to guess, I would say Episkey, the spell Luna had used to fix my nose in our sixth year or maybe it was fifth; memories before the war had blurred, none but the war were particularly clear. I cleaned the blood from my face with the napkin on the table. Ron was slouched with his arms tightly folded.

'You brought me here to talk? Then talk.' He said bitterness and disdain were prominent in his voice.

'Ron...'