Chapter 3

Chapter 3

**Harry's POV**

I looked back at Hermione. I didn't know what to say what does having the same dreams mean?

'Library?' I sighed. I knew exactly what Hermione was going to say. So after lessons the next day we headed straight to the book covered room. Ron insisted on tagging along but Hermione told him it was going to be extremely boring and he quickly opted out which was lucky otherwise it could've reached new levels of uncomfortable.

After four hours straight of flicking through a dozen or so of dusty old books, Hermione looked surprised. I quickly hopped off the floor and gazed at the book of her shoulder.

'Those who have the same dreams,' I read out loud, 'have strong hidden emotions for each other, whether it be hate, friendship or true love.'

'Well we're best friends.' Hermione said completely ignoring the last two word, but personally my focus was only on those two little words.

'Yeah but best friends don't kiss each other!' I said and began to pace running my hands through my hair, I swore rather loudly.

'Harry, shh! There are other people in here.' Hermione said rather flustered, 'I know, I know you're right. But let’s just take a minute and think. Well McGonagall told me about a Halloween ball and-'

'Hermione, what has a dance got to do with it?'

'Well, what I was going to say was, we'll wait. See how we feel by then and will figure it out from there. Alright?'

'Yes.' I could do nothing but agree, 'Hang on. Why didn't I know about this dance!'

'Really that's what you focus on? Well it’s all very top secret! She said she was going to tell you next time she sees you. Also we all need to get outfits and dress robes.'

**Hermione's POV**

Those six or so weeks flashed past like a lightning bolt; the Halloween ball was next week. Ron hadn't asked me yet; I guess he had just assumed we would go together. I couldn't help my feeling for Harry. They hadn't died down, if anything they had amplified. Harry and I were sitting in front of our fire, he reading a Quidditch book and I was reading a book on ancient runes. I looked over the book, sneakily, at Harry.

'Harry?'

'Yes,' He looked up from his book.

'Well it's Halloween tomorrow....'

'Which means we have to make a decision....'

'Wait. Don't tell me. Not now, tell me tomorrow by the lake, at midnight. The party is one the Quidditch pitch, we'll be far enough away but still close enough...' I suggested. I grew extremely nervous.

'You'll never believe who asked me today. Ginny did! I know right. I was really confused.'

'What did you say? You said... yes?' He shook his head, 'You said no! What was your excuse.... I mean can you just outright say no to someone?'

'Well that's what I did. I panicked and literally said no and walked off.... I feel really bad.' Harry ran his hands through his hair, I diverted my eyes, he was really tempting.

'Yeah well Ron hasn't even asked yet.' I moaned and Harry chuckled slightly, 'Ginny said she's dragging me to Hogsmead this afternoon to get dresses. It's going to be a nightmare.'

A couple of minutes later, I was rushing out the door and down the stairs. I hadn't kept track of the time and I was meant to be meeting her earlier. This wasn't like me. I was never late, or at least not this later than expected.

As i reached the last few steps, I saw the red flaming hair of Ginny, I rushed to her side. Panting, I apologized and we were on our way to the small wizarding village very soon. I stay their in most of the shops watching Ginny pop in and out in various outfits. Personally I hadn't seen anything for me. Until we entered our final shop. It was a plain white for length dress. No fancy things, or intricate details. Just a plain white halter dress. It was beautiful.

'Hermione. Do you think Harry still likes me?' We were walking back to Hogwarts and out of nowhere Ginny turned to me.

'Uh, sure....'

'Hermione? Tell me the truth.' Ginny looked stern and demanding, a very foreign look for her. I felt bad saying that Harry didn't love her anymore, however she did seem slightly happier when I told Harry did regret flatly saying no to her. She still seemed glum when I left her at the fat lady portrait which was the entrance to the Gryffindor Common Room. I went to call her back and tell her the whole truth but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

As I reached the door, Harry asked if he could see the dress. I immediately told him that he was bit allowed to see it. That he'd have to wait like everyone else. We had a detailed conversation on my Ginny encounter.

'Well, beauty sleep I suppose...' I got up and walked towards my room, shaking my head at the embarrassing joke, beauty sleep, really? 

**Harry's POV**

As she walked away, I knew all I wanted to do was shout that I loved her. It's terrible really, I mean well destroying my best friends relationship just for me to be happy. But then again I had been thinking about every one else the whole of my life, it's time to think about myself for once. I sat there till late at night thinking of ways I could approach Hermione at the dance, and playing out different scenarios in my head like a little movie on how we would admit to Ron. Eventually, I must of drifted to sleep on the sofa, as I woke to a bright light streaking through the window right onto my eye line. I reached down onto the floor, to grab my glasses, which must of fallen off in my sleep.