Chapter 13

---13---

ANDY:

Why the Hell I was the one who had to marry him? Why the hell was it Austin who'd to break me when I started liking him? Why the hell things have to be this hard?! As I walked to him, I could see the guilt in his deep piercing blue eyes. My heart ached at every step I took towards him. He was the one to break me into thousand little tiny pieces and he would be the one I would eventually have to marry!

He walked me to the middle of the hall where everyone gathered around us in a circle. I wish I could just run away. Tears were blurring my eyes every time I blink. Austin kept his eyes on me, like looking through my pain and pleading for forgiveness. It was really hard to stand opposite to him. He sighed and took out the ring. My heart flipped and ached. He knelt down, holding my hand.

This wasn't how it should be.

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, going numb again 'cause I know what Austin was going to do. He looked directly in my eyes, noticing all the tears and spoke.

"If ever in my life I was happy... it was with you. If ever I felt my life was amazing, it was because of you. Thought I don't know you much... I would want to know you, and only you. Every next moment of happiness in my life, I would want to share it with you. Every beat of my heart, I want it to belong to you... Andy Carter... will you please marry me?"

He held his breath, looking in my intense and hurtful eyes. What could I say? He didn't even say 'I love you.' or even that he likes me!

"Do I have a choice?" I whispered so lightly but he heard me, giving my hand a little squeeze. I don't know what he wanted me to know, but just as he looked hopefully in my eyes, tears rolled down from mine.

I could feel every single eye in the hall looking at me, burning my back, making it more difficult for me to say anything. I wish I could just disappear. I didn't wanna say anything. I inhaled the thin air, gathering my gut to say something... maybe a yes or a no.

As I blow out the breath, everyone started clapping because Austin slipped the ring in my finger. Wait! I didn't even say anything!

What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. This. Bastard!?

He smiled at me, politely and angelically, which to me seemed like a smile of a devil! He stood up and whispered "Thank you." smiling deeply.

"I never said a yes!" I whispered sharply to him. Even if I said it loud, nobody could hear me 'cause it was really noisy with cheers and clapping.

"You didn't even say no..." Austin curled his arm around me, he leaned in and our lips were just an inch away. He looked deeply in my eyes and leaned closer but I turned my face, so his lips landed on my cheek. He chuckled and then pulled away to say something but we were already flooded with people hugging and congratulating us.

Austin eventually had to let me go and I got lost in between people, away from him. I wish I could just scream loud and tell everyone what he did to me!

He'd been a jerk to me every single day and today of all days he broke my heart, slipped the ring without my words and.... A shiver rang through my spine, thinking how my life has totally changed! One moment I'm just me... next I'm a broken hearted and now... I'm Austin Blake's fiancée!

My heart filled with strange emotions. I didn't know whether to cry or be excited. Every time I felt the coldness of platinum diamond ring, Lee's image came flooding into my mind, again pinching my heart to hurt. Tears started welding up again and I had a feeling that if I stayed here any longer, I'd broken into thousand pieces, ruining things for everyone.