TD- 69

"Babes," he called her. She was already lying on the bed. She couldn't sleep. The effect of the liquor is still affecting her system.

She didn't mind him.

"Babes, let's talk."

"Don't talk to me when I'm drunk. You know I get too spoken when I'm drunk, don't you?" she rhetorically asked him without looking at him.

"It's fine. I can manage, basta mag-usap tayo."

"Ayaw kitang kausapin. Ni ayaw nga kitang makatabi ngayon, eh."

He frowned and wrapped his hands around Lea's waist, "I forgot. Babes, promise, matutuloy na tayo tomorrow night."

"I'm going to be busy tomorrow."

"Eh di next d--"

"The next day, tapos the next days and the next week and then I'll be--basta busy ako for the rest of my life." she answered.

"Parang I heard that line from you before." he told her.

"Oh, buti pa 'yan, naaalala mo. 'Yong pag-aaya mo sa akin ng dinner, hindi." she said.

"I'm sorry."

"Aga, I've had enough of your apologies. Stop saying sorry. You keep on doing these things over and over again. Sanay na ako. It's just that it still hurts. You know that? It still hurts that my husband is forgetting things. Baka naman the sa susunod na araw, you'd forget who I am." she faked a laugh. "I won't be surprised if that happens."

He fronwed and hugged her tight, softly kissed her shoulder, "Babes, please."

"Move. I don't want you near me. I don't want your hand or any part of your body touch mine." she said in an authoritative voice. "I don't want to hear you tonight."

"Babes, lasing ka lang kaya ka ganyan."

She moved to face him, "Kung lasing ako, makakalimutan ko sana kung gaano ka ka-gago."

--

She woke up with a massive headache the next day. She bites her lips and massages her temple to lessen the pain. She opened her eyes and saw that the sun had risen and from their side clock, she saw that it was already 8 in the morning.

She looks at the side of the bed and saw Aga, sitting down, already wearing his office attire. His scent all over their room. She smiled but it faded soon as she remembered what happened last night. He made her wait him for a couple of hours. That's a first.

She startled when he caught her staring at him. He smiled but didn't speak. He was smiling while putting on his wristwatch.

She noticed that his tie isn't fixed yet. "Your tie."

He looks at his tie, "Can you help me?"

"You can do that na. Malaki ka na."

"But I am dependent on you."

"No, you're not. Because if you really are, hindi sana ako naghintay sa resto at nagmukhang tanga." she retorted

"Babes, tonight. Lalabas tayo tonight. I won't forget it this time." he said.

"Lokohin mo lelang mo. Mag-isa kang lumabas ngayong gabi. Wala ako sa mood para makipaglokohan sa'yo."

He frowned, "Babes..."

"Stop speaking. I hate you."

To make the long story short, he left without Lea, talking to him and kissing him goodbye.

After a moment, she went to Gale's room to fix her daughter as she is going to school today.

--