TD- 44

She woke up with a smile on her face as she remembered what day it is today. Another year for her.

Her smile instantly faded when she felt that Aga's no longer beside her. Her eyes squinted and roamed her eyes around his unit. It's been a while since the last time she slept here. His room is still the same, but today, there were abstract paintings and there was a picture of her on his table. She smiled.

She prayed and stood up to check him around but to her surprise, he's nowhere. She went to the kitchen and saw food above the table with a note:

Babes, eat breakfast. Sorry, I had to attend a meeting today. I'll see you tonight, birthday girl. Dinner tayo. I love you.

She frowned. She expects a surprise from him today but here she is, alone inside his unit.

Ni hindi man lang ako ginising. O kaya nilambing? Hindi dapat ako umasa.

She shook her head and started eating the food he prepared for her. She then went to her unit to fix herself.

She's halfway done when her phone rang, a call from Dawn.

"Where are you?" Dawn asked her.

"Nasa bahay pa a--"

"Mr. Ecleo's here. Galit na galit. Hindi raw natin na-meet 'yong deadline na binigay niya sa'tin para sa project X. Lei, we don't know how to--"

She sighed. "Alright. I'm coming."

What a great start! She sarcastically told herself.

Usually, she reaches her company from her unit at approximately 30 minutes but due to so much nervousness, she took the way at about 15 minutes.

She directly went to the elevator but it says that it's under maintenance. She called Lloyd.

"Kuya, I just used this elevator last night, ah? Bakit under maintenance siya ngayon?" she asked. "Dapat kagabi pa, naayos na 'to. I have to reach my office now!" she shouted.

"Ma'am, pasensya na po ka--"

"Stop giving me reasons. Fix that now." she says and made her way to the stairs.

On her first step, she heard her phone ring again. And without looking at it, she slid it and shouted, "Papunta na ako, okay?! Sira ang elevator!"

"Babes, chill. It's me."

She bit her lips upon hearing his voice, "Galit pa rin ako sa'yo. Iwan mo ba naman ako sa unit mo? Ni hindi mo man lang ako sinabihan o ginising. Dapat ba akong matuwa?"

"Happy birthday, my love." he answered and ended the call.

She sighed. These people are pissing her off.

On her 8th step, she saw a piece of paper and a drawing of a broken heart.

Under maintenance ba 'yong elevator? Ganyan din 'yong puso ko dati. Thank you for fixing it. Thank you for making me whole again.

Her heart beated fast for she felt that this is Aga's plan.

She continued walking.

This time, a contract was pasted on the wall. She smiled upon seeing what contract it is.

We started here. Nakakatawang isiping sa isang deal tayo nag-umpisa. Can we have another deal? Can you spend the rest of your life with me?

She then received another call from Aga.

"What is this, Muhlach?" she asked.

"Yes, Mrs. Muhlach?"

She smiled, "'Wag kang maharot."