Chapter 4.2

Hey, guys!! Here is the following part like I promised)) This chapter is kinda depressing, but also amazing at the same time. I hope you like it. Thanks again for your continued support and don't forget to vote, add this story to your reading list, and comment below if you enjoyed the chapter. If you have any suggestions, critiques, or if you just need someone to talk with, my DM box is always open. Anyway, enjoy :)

The car ride was uncomfortably silent and Andie was zoning out the whole time. After a good ten minutes, they were finally in front of Dakota's house.

"Why are we here?" Andie inquired, glancing around in bewilderment as she stepped out of Courtney's convertible.

Her mind was numbed with shock and confusion; She didn't understand what could Dakota possibly have to do with Courtney's plan. She certainly wasn't in the mood to hear him cracking jokes. Besides, they hadn't left on good terms before, so seeing him was the last thing she wanted to do. At the moment, she'd rather go to bed and never wake up.

"Just come on. Stop complaining!" Courtney chided her, ushering Andie to come on, "We're here to help you, Andie."

Andie nodded in defeat, exhaling a breath as she begrudgingly dragged her feet towards the house. Her bones had no weight to them, but the pull to the ground was heavier than she'd expected.

As she walked, she had a hollow feeling in her chest and a burn in her stomach. She breathed much like a fish out of the water, mouth opened to swallow gulps of air, but for her, the stale air intoxicated warmth down her throat. Her legs were shaking, and Courtney held her right hand as she lead the way.

Courtney rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, the front door opened, revealing a concerned looking Dakota.

"I'm no proctologist y'all, but I know an asshole when I see one!" Dakota jabbed.

Andie smiled faintly even though she felt like someone had just slapped the air out of her chest.

"Yeah..." she tapered off as she walked away from them, the rest keeping their distance.

She strode into the living room, breathing in and sighing deeply as emptiness wrenched further at her already broken heart.

When Andie lifted her chin up, she froze; Josh was sitting there on the couch.

She had to double take to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. After all, she'd been through too much emotional distress, so it wouldn't be surprising if her brain was playing tricks on her. She shook her head, wanting to knock some sense back into her mind.

Josh stared at her in disbelief, matching her reaction. Their eyes locked for a couple of seconds before Josh stood up.

"Andie?" he gasped, inhaling sharply.

Right at this moment she knew that she wasn't imagining him; his voice carried a weight of emotion that made it feel so real.

Andie's hand made its way over her mouth.

"Oh my God, Josh... You're okay," she muttered in a quiet voice, her eyes starting to swell up with tears.

Josh nodded subtly before running a shaky hand down the back of his neck. Unable to bear the sight of Andie crying, and knowing too well he was to blame, Josh dropped his gaze to the ground.

"I-I'm sorry–" Josh stuttered, but he was silenced by Andie wrapping her arms around him.

Josh instinctively enveloped her in his arms as Andie closed her eyes, relaxing into the tight embrace. He gently rubbed his hand down her back, trying to coax her.