21 | Using A Mask Without A Mask

(Y/n)'s father continued to hold her arm, as he guided her to where the celebrations would be held

The overwhelming feelings that she experienced just before had long disappeared, leaving her with nothing but dread. It crushed her and hunched her shoulders, as though there was an invisible weight bearing down on them.

She didn't want to be here anymore and just wanted to go back home. Uta's home... Even though she somehow knew he hadn't really betrayed her, just the thought of it left a bad taste in her mouth.

As they drew nearer to the dining hall, the sounds of many ghouls chattering filled their ears. This was the last thing (y/n) wanted - for others to see her wallowing in her own sadness. She inwardly sighed, and stole a glance at the male ghoul who was closely sticking to them from behind.

He locked eyes with her and gave a reassuring nod. At that moment her nerves calmed down a little, but not a lot: they were still frayed at the edges. She just hoped that she didn't make a fool out of herself. So, she put on her best smile and donned her Bloody Red facade; no one would notice her actual feelings just by looking at her.

"Everyone, I would like to introduce you to my precious daughter!" Her father made his presence known as all three of them entered the dining hall. Silence greeted them as each ghoul looked in awe at the notorious, beautiful (y/n), who stood next to their leader.

Everyone who was everyone knew the name Bloody Red. This only reinforced just how famous she really was, and it was the first time anyone had actually been this close to her. The auction didn't really count, seeing as she was wearing her mask, and was on the stage.

Her beauty was unparalleled, and her methods of feasting on humans were second to none. It was no wonder why her father was constantly bragging about her, and the potential she possessed. One day she could be one of the best amongst the ghouls, and they were happy that they would be around to witness it.

Her face was like a mask, without a mask, and it was just her eyes that showed a little of her true feelings. You would have to be close to her to distinguish it, and it was something Uta was - she hated that fact.

Yet, it wasn't the ideal time for them to get out of there. The timing had to be perfect...

 The timing had to be perfect