9 | Uta

The sofa shifted as Uta joined (y/n), who was quite obviously avoiding his gaze - that was so deep and penetrating

He watched and waited to see what she would do: if she would even do anything at all, but she hadn't moved in the slightest. The only sign that she was aware of his presence was her shifting gaze, and her eyes would always unwillingly turn to him. Clearly, she had given up on observing the wall.

It was quite obvious that the female ghoul was uncomfortable, and it was the first time that Uta had seen her like this. They had both been in awkward situations, and often in close proximity of each other, yet it had never fazed her. (y/n) wasn't one you could freak out easily. 

However, with his enhanced hearing, he could hear her heart beating faster than usual, and he could almost see her moist palms as they tightened and untightened. Blood appeared on her skin, from her nails digging in too deep.

It was amusing to the male ghoul, but it was also saddening. The fact that the girl he loved was in this state saddened him.

At that time, a devastating incident occurred that tore (y/n)'s long-blackened heart to shreds, and he caused it all.

He didn't have a choice.

There is always a choice.

And he knew that now, after the fact, and he regretted it.

Uta was usually so heartless, so cruel and was a ghoul who just didn't give a damn. But that had all been proven wrong when the ghoul had met his match; his match in (y/n).

She was beautiful, merciless, heartless and like him, she just didn't give a damn.

She was Bloody Red. His Bloody Red.

But that red had dimmed and was wiped almost clean, leaving behind a blank slate. She was different from what she used to be, and he would give anything for her to go back to what she once was.

Yes, you shouldn't change for the ones you love, but Uta knew this wasn't the real her. She was just an empty shell, and he knew that she could be so much more; more heartless, cruel and shouldn't give a damn about anything.

The truth shall set you free, and that was exactly what Uta would do. He would set free his Bloody Red from the cage she had made for herself: the one she was forever trapped in.

 He would set free his Bloody Red from the cage she had made for herself: the one she was forever trapped in