17 | Out Of Control

The supposed betrayal of Uta hurt more than the hand that dug into her arm

The supposed betrayal of Uta hurt more than the hand that dug into her arm. The hand that belonged to her father, who was dragging her to who knows where, quite forcefully at that. Tears sprang to her eyes, but she wouldn't let them fall. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing her in an even more weakened state.

As they got closer to their destination, the smell of blood drifted towards them. It permeated in the air and drenched everything with its foul stench. (Y/n)'s stomach churned in disgust and anticipation. It had been so long since she had tasted any meat. And it had been the same amount of time since she felt the blood of humans flowing down her throat.

Her true nature was never forgotten. Ghoul.

A ghoul was most certainly what she was: there was no disagreeing with that.

After some time of walking down the long hallway, they came to a stop before a wooden door. Its hinges were rusty, and the paint was flaking. It honestly looked the worst for wear. Standing before the door, the smell only got stronger. To the point, that (y/n) heard her stomach rumble, and she felt the darkness slowly creeping up on her. The one that had taken over her just before, releasing her true nature.

Her father chuckled next to her, sensing her discomfort and longing: longing for whatever was inside. He knew his daughter so well. Correction, he thought he knew her. There was no doubt in his mind that what was waiting behind the door would please her. He had raised her after all.

He pushed open the door and blood began to seep out and soak the floor. Cries of pain and terror penetrated their ears and beat against the drums. This was a paradise. A ghoul paradise.

It was what she craved. It was what she needed - according to her father. Uta clenched his jaw as he felt, rather than saw, the darkened shadow once again slipping into (y/n)'s body.

Her irises glowed a more vivid red and her already black eyes darkened.

Once again the darkness came creeping in.