20 | Blood, Sweat & Fears

The distressed girl continued kneeling on the floor and clutching her aching head

The distressed girl continued kneeling on the floor and clutching her aching head. After months of not having eaten properly, her hunger was less clear as before, and she didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Was she meant to be happy? Angry? Scared of what she might once again become She just didn't know.

And her hazy mind only worsened when she felt a coarse hand grab roughly onto her arm. The same one that was trying to pull her to her feet. "Come on, darling, time to stand up." A sickening voice sounded above her head. "You did well, my girl ~"

Hair obscured her face and hid her expression. Not being able to comprehend what she was thinking, or how she was feeling, made Uta feel like he wanted to scream in anger.

His clenched fists only tightened, and they began to shake with anger. However, even if he was angry, he couldn't do anything to liberate her. If he did it would ruin the plan that he had established in his mind, and it would make things worse for (y/n). He could only look on as his beloved (y/n), was in the hands of that bastard.

(Y/n) raised her head to meet the eyes of her 'father', and it surprised him to see that her eyes had returned to their original colour of (e/c). He could see the mixture of emotions that swirled in her eyes, the tears that she was holding back and...

He laughed out loud.

"Good! Good!" He continued to chuckle as he drew his daughter into a hug before letting her go and examining her once again. "You see, isn't being an influential ghoul wonderful?"

"Just look around you." He gestured around the blood-smeared room. "This is what it means to be the greatest, and you, my dear, are the greatest of them all. Come, let's go celebrate."

Celebrate what? Confusion riddled (y/n)'s mind further, as she exchanged glances with Uta, who looked as lost as she was. He looked away from her. The guilt was almost crushing him.

When will this all end?