18 | Bodies Hit The Floor

Cries of pain and suffering drowned out the silence of the room

Cries of pain and suffering drowned out the silence of the room. The growls that were emitted from the female ghoul's throat soon joined them.

The room was mostly dark, save for the light that flooded in from the bottom of the door; it added to the eeriness of the situation. Red eyes glowed in the darkness, and sharp incisors gleamed as the female lunged at the nearest bloodied body. Her teeth sank into flesh, and blood spurted out, coating her face and her barely there clothes.

With skin dyed bloody red, she continued in her frenzied state and seemed like she would never stop.

This... This was her true self. It was said before but through and through she was a ghoul. She had never felt so good, so invigorated, as she did right now.

She ignored their screams and tore their bodies to shreds. And it delighted her as the dark liquid flowed down her throat and quenched her hunger. The hunger that she could never fully sate, and now it was disappearing. Oh, how great it felt.

Uta, who was just outside of the room, could hear the noises coming from within. He tried to hold back his urges of wanting to make her stop the massacre that was taking place, mere steps from where he stood. Memories flooded his mind of the times they would both go on their hunting sprees. And it was taking all he had for him to not barge into the room.

Sure, he had wanted her back to who/how she formerly was, but not like this. The orders he had taken from her father, the one that devastated her, were a mistake; a colossal one and he would regret it eternally.

This wasn't what he or she wanted. How was he going to stop her?

 How was he going to stop her?