Chapter 15

Life has been great so far. We have taken in many students old and young. When Charles find mutants on cerebro that know their mutants we send them brochures for the school and scholarships.

Grace is so sweet, she laughs all the time. She has forgotten about her parents that left her of course she never really knew who they where. Grace sleeps in a room attached to mine. Charles is across the hall along with Sean and Hank. Alex is on the other side of my room. Sean and Alex have actually started dating. I never saw it coming. But I'm happy if their happy plus they are super cute.

It's the middle of the night right now and Grace is up so I'm up.

"Hush little baby you need sleep and I need sleep," I coo and cradle her. The wails only continue.

"Here let me," Charles offers and wheels himself in. I hand her over. Charles cradles her and coos. She eventually calms down and I put her back in the crib.

"Thanks I'm exhausted this whole being a single mom is harder than it looks," I joke.

"Well you don't have to be," Charles hints and smirks.

"Don't have to be what single?" I ask. A little hope starts to blossom in my chest as I stare at his blue eyes.

"Yeah-oh screw it this is my crazy way of asking you on a date," Charles blurts out blatantly.

"Oh my gosh yes," I squeal. I can't believe it Charles asked me on a date!

"Great tomorrow let's go on a picnic," Charles suggests and I nod vigorously.

"I can't wait," I say with a grin. Charles smiles and sets Grace in her crib.

I thank him and go back to bed waking up the next day with a smile on my face.

I quickly hop up and get dressed. I put on a red lace long sleeved top with skinny jeans and red wedges. Grace wails so I rush to check on her. After feeding Grace I dash downstairs, make breakfast, and the picnic.

"I was supposed to make the picnic," Charles states and wheels in.

"Sorry I just needed something to do I have so much energy," I squeak and bounce up and down. Charles laughs at my antics making me blush.

All the kids come downstairs along with Hank, Alex and Sean.

We all eat breakfast together happily.

----------------------------------------------

This is it the end of my story. It has a happy ending just let me explain. Charles and I eventually get married. Sean and Alex adopted a little mergirl mutant and moved to a cottage on campus. Charles and I had another little girl with the help of technology, she is biologically ours. Her name is Alieana. I'm happy I have my happily ever after and it was worth all the pain.